GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Control » Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip (Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip)
Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip [message #147432] Mon, 20 January 2020 18:24 Go to next message
ealexeyja is currently offline  ealexeyja
I am trying out kerio control and nowhere do I see how I can limit user login to specific computers.
Does anyone know if this is possible in kerio control?
Re: Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip [message #147434 is a reply to message #147432] Mon, 20 January 2020 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying out kerio control and I don't see how I can limit user login to specific computers anywhere.

Most firewalls and proxies allow to have login control of users limited by mac and ip. Kerio control does not, it seems. Where can we suggest GFI to include these features in their future versions? Is it so complicated for developers to program this?
Re: Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip [message #147435 is a reply to message #147432] Mon, 20 January 2020 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying out kerio control and I don't see how I can limit user login to specific computers anywhere.

Most firewalls and proxies allow to have login control of users limited by mac and ip. Kerio control does not, it seems. Where can we suggest GFI to include these features in their future versions? Is it so complicated for developers to program this?
Re: Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip [message #148374 is a reply to message #147435] Tue, 30 June 2020 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tag
Hello ealexeyja,
Did you manage to resolve your query?
In Kerio you can apply that certain MAC addresses (and IP addresses) are dedicated to a user, and as such then that user will be restricted to the authentication method that has been applied to the user.
Re: Limit the authentication of a specific user to a specific mac or ip [message #148481 is a reply to message #148374] Fri, 24 July 2020 21:11 Go to previous message
sorry for im late, but your answer was moved to spam folder.
kerio control restrict the user to an specific ip or mac, but this only as automatic login.
this mean that anybody that seat on this device are authenticated automatically...
but this is a security risk.

i mean that certain users can login from certain devices specified by the administrators.

for example, when u have 1 device shared by two people, where each one have their own id, user and pwd. and you want that this users can only logged from this device. the automatic login not working on this cases...

sorry my bad english...
Previous Topic: Storage Capacity
Next Topic: How can a VPN Connection be Locked to a Single Machine?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 06 00:58:29 CEST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03235 seconds