GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Blank Page after Login
Blank Page after Login [message #145972] Mon, 17 June 2019 10:44 Go to next message
mmac is currently offline  mmac
Hello everyone,

we are using Kerio Connect for our shop emails. Everything is working fine. But only on one computer we have a problem I am not able to figure out how to solve it.

We have 11 locations. In one location we have two computer. One computer is connected via cable with the modem, one is connected via WLAN. The computer connected via cable is the one with the problem:

If I try to login, a blank page is loading. If I change the profile (we are using Firefox, latest version) the page is loading for some days and then the same issue occurs. On the computer which is connected via WLAN everything is ok. Both computer are part of the same network, so there shouldn't be any issue with the network.

Both computers are on the same update level.

We are using Kerio Connect V. 8.5.1 (4597) on a Windows Server 2013 basis.

I didn't find a similar topic describing the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Or which alternative we can use (it is not working on other browsers, as well).

We have several users on these computers having their own login, so I don't think that Thunderbird or Outlook would work as I don't want them to save their login credentials.

Does anyhone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Re: Blank Page after Login [message #145982 is a reply to message #145972] Mon, 17 June 2019 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b-tom is currently offline  b-tom
Do you have any firewall, port restrictions or Proxy Caching in place on this specific LAN connection?

What exactly do you mean with "changing the profile"? Are you referring to Firefox profile or OS user profiles?
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #145983 is a reply to message #145982] Mon, 17 June 2019 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello b-tom,

thank you for your reply.

No, there are no special restrictions for this LAN connection. It worked fine for years, but lately the problem occured.

Yes, I am referring to the Firefox profile. If I am creating a new profile, it is working for a short time. But suddenly it stops then. There are no addons installed on any Firefox profile, as well.
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #145985 is a reply to message #145982] Mon, 17 June 2019 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bud Durland is currently offline  Bud Durland
Quote:
One computer is connected via cable with the modem, one is connected via WLAN.
Is the 'modem' also a router / firewall? If not, this may be your problem. Please ensure that the computer that direct connected to the modem is getting an internal IP address.
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #145990 is a reply to message #145985] Tue, 18 June 2019 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Bud Durland,

yes, the modem is also a router/firewall. All computers have their internal IP address.

We are using a POS software, where the wireless connected computer is accessing the database installed on the computer connected via LAN. So there shouldn't be a problem in the network, I think, as otherwise this connection won't work, as well.
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146001 is a reply to message #145972] Wed, 19 June 2019 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b-tom is currently offline  b-tom
Are you able to open another web page when the blank page occurs?

What error message shows up in the Firefox Console?
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146003 is a reply to message #146001] Wed, 19 June 2019 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhardyuk is currently offline  dhardyuk
How up to date is Firefox - there are two new security fixes that were released by the Mozilla Foundation today ...

Have you looked in the Windows event viewer to see if there are events logged around the time of the issue starting?
Are the users authenticating against a domain or are they using individual local accounts on the pc?

Is there antivirus software on the computer that has the issue? Maybe something that is security scanning the webpage and then crashing?

Does the affected computer have sufficient disk space - how much is free on the c:\ drive? Is the problem fixed by rebooting the PC?

Are you able to open the Windows Task Manager - right click on the Windows tool bar at the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager - are any processes taking a big share of the CPU time or consuming a lot of memory?

Are both computers getting their ip addresses by DHCP? Is the wifi using an access point or is it an ad-hoc connection directly to the PC?
Which version of Windows is on the affected computer? Is it Windows, Mac, Linux?
Are all current Windows updates applied? did the issue arise after updates were applied?
Are there logs in the mailserver that feature the affected PC/user?
Once you have narrowed the issue down to a system state and a time frame it will be easier to comb through and focus in on the culprit.

I can't post links yet, so maybe google for "trend online av scan" and run an online antivirus and malware scan.
There are plenty of online AV scanners, Trend, ESET, Sophos, BitDefender, Avira, McAfee, Norton/Symantec, F-Secure, AVG, Kaspersky etc. that can be left running overnight if daytime access isn't possible.

Is there a good reason for running Kerio Connect V. 8.5.1 and not upgrading to a more recent version?

Sorry to dump a load of questions, it could literally be anything so narrowing it down may take a few iterations ....

Regards

David
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146025 is a reply to message #145972] Fri, 21 June 2019 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello b-tom,
Hello dhardyuk,

thank you for your replies. I will have to connect some data later to answer all the questions, but I will start with the ones I am able to answer yet.

Quote:
Are you able to open another web page when the blank page occurs?
Yes, other pages are loading.

Quote:
How up to date is Firefox - there are two new security fixes that were released by the Mozilla Foundation today ...
These updates shouldn't be installed yet. But v. 67.x is used. I uninstalled and installed Firefox earlier as I hoped, that maybe something could be wrong with the installation.

Quote:
Are the users authenticating against a domain or are they using individual local accounts on the pc?
There is one general account for the users on the pc. As it is a pc for an POS, the accounts are only separated in the programs they are using.

Quote:
Is there antivirus software on the computer that has the issue? Maybe something that is security scanning the webpage and then crashing?
The pc is using Eset. But the one in the same network, which doesn't have this issue, is using the same version.

Quote:
Does the affected computer have sufficient disk space - how much is free on the c:\ drive? Is the problem fixed by rebooting the PC?
There are 320GB free disk space. A restart is not fixing the problem.

Quote:
Are you able to open the Windows Task Manager - right click on the Windows tool bar at the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager - are any processes taking a big share of the CPU time or consuming a lot of memory?
Yes, I am able to open the Task Manager. There is no unusual CPU usage. I just checked and only 1% of the CPU was in active use. The memory was ok, as well.

Quote:
Are both computers getting their ip addresses by DHCP?
Yes. But devices which are connected via cable are in the pool between 1 and 199 (if it is not static like printers) and devices connected via WiFi have a reserved pool beginning at 200.

Quote:
Is the wifi using an access point or is it an ad-hoc connection directly to the PC?
The router is one provided by our internet provider. There is no access point connected to this router, so the WiFi devices are using an ad-hoc connection.

Quote:
Which version of Windows is on the affected computer? Is it Windows, Mac, Linux?
Are all current Windows updates applied? did the issue arise after updates were applied?
We are using Windows 7 with SP1. But there are not all current updates installed. But both computers are on the same update level.

Quote:
Is there a good reason for running Kerio Connect V. 8.5.1 and not upgrading to a more recent version?
Just bad reasons like a change of the service provider and not changing anything on the system as everything worked as we need it. But this one computer, after it worked for years on this pc.

I will see to provide all the missing answers as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146073 is a reply to message #146025] Tue, 25 June 2019 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhardyuk is currently offline  dhardyuk
Quote:

The router is one provided by our internet provider. There is no access point connected to this router, so the WiFi devices are using an ad-hoc connection.
I suspect that if this is not the specific cause of the problem that it isn't helping the situation. Is it possible to try a wifi access point to rule out that this is the issue?

I normally do these tests using a smart phone as a wifi hotspot so that the connection gets nat'd via the mobile network.

From the affected machine can you:
1. ping the fully qualified domain name of the mail server - does it resolve to the correct IP
2. visit the http://<ip-address> or https://<ip-address> of the mail server - you may get an ssl warning because the cert will be for the fqdn of the server, not the ip address. - can you log in correctly?

My focus would be to pick apart the differences at this site in comparison to the others - what is issuing dhcp addresses / whats serving dns / is there something thats routing traffic or NATing that may have been updated that needs exceptions adding in again etc.

And in my experience stuff breaks weirdly where the DNS is not straightforward, so potentially check the hosts file on the problem machine as well.

Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146147 is a reply to message #146073] Thu, 27 June 2019 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saradaisy is currently offline  saradaisy
got the same issue
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146206 is a reply to message #146147] Wed, 10 July 2019 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello everyone,

sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately I didn't had the chance to gather the requested information yet. But I don't think, that this will lead to a solution.

I was able to find a solution by changing the view from the Kerio Interface back to the WebMail-Interface. Switching it to the WebMail-Interface made the users see and load their mails again.

So the issue definitely should have anything to do with the Kerio Interface. Otherwise the WebMail shouldn't work either, I guess.
Re: Blank Page after Login [message #146251 is a reply to message #146206] Wed, 17 July 2019 09:11 Go to previous message
simion.chis is currently offline  simion.chis

Hello guys,

@mmac I have almost the same setup Kerio connect 8.4.0 (3525) on Win std server 2013.
In my case, this issue appear in Chrome browser. Sometimes it's load some part of UI except for the css resources.
Maybe the solution it is to take a deep breath and upgrade our servers.
Previous Topic: Kerio connect disturbs the active directory ldap connection
Next Topic: IRS requiring two step authentication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 19 18:55:13 CEST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03735 seconds