GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Option mail forward + mail redirect (Mail forwarding change envelope sender, redirect do not)
Option mail forward + mail redirect [message #152359] Wed, 03 August 2022 12:59 Go to previous message
havex is currently offline  havex
In our company, we use Kerio (200 users) and O365 (30 users) in one domain. The MX record points to Kerio. If a recipient has O365, mail is forwarding to O365 from his mailbox in Kerio.
We have a problem. Mailbox forwarding changes the "Envelope sender" to the mailbox user's address.
This is a violation of RFC5321 and our superior SMTP server (relay.iol.cz) will very often block such mail as suspicious mail.

I tried redirecting using "Incoming Message Filter". It works correctly there and the "Envelope sender" will remain unchanged.
Unfortunately, redirecting using a filter is not possible, because the mail can be addressed to a group, and in group are users who have an account on Kerio and those who have O365.

I dealt with it with technical support, it was recommended to do "Submitting a Feature Request":

I was thinking about the possibility of adding a radiobuton in the user form. (see attachment scr_redirect.jpg)
Now the choice is No Forward / Forward. Add Redirect option.
The behavior with this option would be the same as with Redirect in the inbound filter.

[img]/index.php?t=getfile&id=5358&private=0[/img]

Petr Domácí
HAVEX

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Alias is redirecting instead of forwarding
Next Topic: Lets Encrypt and BlueMail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 02 21:45:14 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02431 seconds