GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » Product Feedback » Kerio Connect Feedback » Unlimited differential / incremental backups (Differential backups need to continue for more than a week)
Unlimited differential / incremental backups [message #148171] Tue, 26 May 2020 23:08
ict is currently offline  ict

Do you want unlimited differential backups?[ 3 votes ]
1. Yes, I'm a sysadmin god dammit! No manual labour for me 3 / 100%
2. No, I don't mind carrying a hard drive home with me every week like some kind of pack mule 0 / 0%

Hi there,

Our mail server currently sits at about 1.5 Tb in size. We want to back it up off site (over the internet because who has time to do this manually). However at the moment Kerio forces the backup to be refreshed every week. Our servers and internet just can't handle an extra 1.5 Tb of data being copied across every week. It takes over a week to complete the whole backup process at the moment.

What would be ideal is if we could do incremental backups for far longer than a week and only do a full backup every 6 months or so. At the moment we only have backups being stored on the local network because of this with someone taking an external drive home with them every week.

Regards,
ICT department

Read Message
Previous Topic: Meetings/appointments stripped of HTML
Next Topic: Enable install KADE UI extension to Windows 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 25 06:43:48 CEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04481 seconds