|Re: 9.2.10 is out and still 0 improvement on KOFF and Outlook [message #146467 is a reply to message #146449]
||Sat, 24 August 2019 20:46
Registered: February 2013
Hello from Switzerland.|
this are just my two cents.
Kerio Connect Server with Outlook 2016/2019 via Exchange ActiveSync
- everything works flawless
- search results are near fast as an on premise Microsoft Exchange Server
- Full-Sync has to be done
- no "out of office" (useless Outlook Plugin)
- waste of disk space on the Windows Client PCs or RDS environments
- why should I workaround on an GFI related issue wich should be fixed since years
Kerio Connect Server with Outlook 2016/2019 and KOFF (or KOC)
- best option (as it was)
- search results are actually annoyingly slow, from Office 2013 and above (from 5 to 60 Seconds, depends on amount of mails and if SSD or NVMe)
- endusers want results or they leave this product
- still, but not such waste of disk space with roaming profiles and/or remote desktop environments (KOC was the solution)
"other" non-Exchange E-Mail and Collaboration suite with Outlook 2016/2019 via Exchange ActiveSync
- cheaper licensing
- customers are asking actively because the speed issue with Kerio
- migration has to be done
- full-sync has to be done
- still waste of disk space
- bye bye Kerio Connect
Exchange 2019 with Outlook 2016/2019 via Exchange ActiveSync
- works if configured correctly
- without cache, no problems in roaming profiles and/or remote desktop environments
- fast search
- huge license / hardware / operational costs
- huge effort to keep up and running
Honestly, I sell Kerio Connect since the days of Kerio Mail Server, means over 11 Years.
But since the acquisition through GFI, prices going up, support down.
If there is no solution until September 2019 we have to migrate to a competitor, review all customers which mailbox wants/needs Exchange ActiveSync, pay the yearly license fees and then move a couple of hundred Mailboxes to the competitor.
Or - which would be even worse - the customers move to Exchange Online and is lost.
So, GFI, I insist to fix this long pending issue.
And "no", my clients cannot change from Outlook to e.g. "Kerio Connect Client" due to interfaces between Outlook and Backoffice / ERP Systems.