GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sales Force Denied (But, I'm not surpised)
Sales Force Denied [message #123970] Fri, 04 September 2015 23:18 Go to previous message
Bud Durland is currently offline  Bud Durland
The decision was made to adopt SalesForce in our company, at about the time as the recent activity on this thread. I wasn't the point man on the evaluation process, but the fellow who was made sure to tell the SF representative (several times) that we had a Kerio Connect mail server, NOT MS Exchange. So of course, when we tried to install the SF OutLook plugin, it failed in an epic fashion, explicitly telling us than an Exchange Server is required. Screen shot attached.

So, this post is me trying to do some follow-up. Looking at some old Kerio Connect release notes, I see in the version 8.2 there was an update to accommodate SalesForce 2.2. The current release is 2.8. So, the questions are:

1. if we can find a copy of version 2.2 of the SF for OutLook, will it work with Kerio Connect 8.5?
  2. is it technically possible to make SF 2.8 work with newer Kerio versions, and if so, is it on the product road map?

In the meantime, we are looking at alternatives iHance and LinkPoint360. iHance looks to be more suited for what we want, but we have to evaluate and see.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 September 2015 23:19]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message