GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Option mail forward + mail redirect (Mail forwarding change envelope sender, redirect do not)
Option mail forward + mail redirect [message #152359] Wed, 03 August 2022 12:59 Go to next message
havex is currently offline  havex
In our company, we use Kerio (200 users) and O365 (30 users) in one domain. The MX record points to Kerio. If a recipient has O365, mail is forwarding to O365 from his mailbox in Kerio.
We have a problem. Mailbox forwarding changes the "Envelope sender" to the mailbox user's address.
This is a violation of RFC5321 and our superior SMTP server (relay.iol.cz) will very often block such mail as suspicious mail.

I tried redirecting using "Incoming Message Filter". It works correctly there and the "Envelope sender" will remain unchanged.
Unfortunately, redirecting using a filter is not possible, because the mail can be addressed to a group, and in group are users who have an account on Kerio and those who have O365.

I dealt with it with technical support, it was recommended to do "Submitting a Feature Request":

I was thinking about the possibility of adding a radiobuton in the user form. (see attachment scr_redirect.jpg)
Now the choice is No Forward / Forward. Add Redirect option.
The behavior with this option would be the same as with Redirect in the inbound filter.

[img]/index.php?t=getfile&id=5358&private=0[/img]

Petr Domácí
HAVEX
Re: Option mail forward + mail redirect [message #152364 is a reply to message #152359] Wed, 03 August 2022 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freakinvibe is currently offline  freakinvibe
I have a similar setup, but I do not create the users that exist in M365 in Kerio. Kerio is configured to bounce all mails for users not found to M365. That works, leaving the original sender intact.

Do you have a reason why you create mailboxes for M365 users in Kerio?

Dexion Services AG - IT Support Services in Basel, Switzerland
https://dexionag.ch
Re: Option mail forward + mail redirect [message #152366 is a reply to message #152364] Wed, 03 August 2022 15:00 Go to previous message
havex is currently offline  havex
yes, becouse we have more then 100 user out of our domain.
Previous Topic: Alias is redirecting instead of forwarding
Next Topic: WINDOWS PROFILE DAMAGED AFTER INSTALLATION AND SYNCHRONIZATION MAIL BOX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 11 21:55:10 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02853 seconds