GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI LanGuard » Computers Not Licenced Error
Computers Not Licenced Error [message #150143] Tue, 10 August 2021 15:03 Go to next message
Nosi is currently offline  Nosi
Good day,

I have a couple of machines where the agent is failing to install due to the below error and We have enough licenses on the console

"computer is not licensed"

Regards,
Nosipho
Re: Computers Not Licenced Error [message #150148 is a reply to message #150143] Wed, 11 August 2021 19:59 Go to previous message
bradley.smith is currently offline  bradley.smith
I understand that you're having an issue with the licensing for GFI LanGuard.

I recommend reviewing the details of your license and see if there are items being counted against it which are not expected. We do have an article which talks about the GFI LanGuard Licensing Details. If you navigate to Configuration > General > Licensing, you can actually see which nodes are being counted against the license.

When you review the licensing page, it should say something similar to:
License type: Full product license (25 nodes + bonus 7 nodes exclusively for mobile devices)
License Usage: 4 nodes (28 free)

What this is saying in the example, is that I have a LanGuard subscription which covers 25 nodes and an additional 7 bonus nodes. This means that my license covers a total of 32 devices. Of those 32 devices, 25 of them can be any type of device (Windows OS, iOS, Linux, Switch, Printers, Routers). The additional 7 nodes are exclusively utilized for mobile devices, i.e. cell phones.

If you do believe that there is an issue with how LanGuard is counting nodes you should create a ticket with our support team at support.gfi.com.

GFI Customer Support Edge Team
Previous Topic: Relay Activation pending
Next Topic: Microsoft Edge Chromium feature request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 16 03:45:11 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02837 seconds