GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resources/Rooms not showing in outlook
Resources/Rooms not showing in outlook [message #150050] Wed, 21 July 2021 14:38 Go to next message
chrwei is currently offline  chrwei
I have a couple resources working perfectly in webmail/client, and it almost works in Outlook/KOFF. I can add the room, and it shows the current month, but going to any other month the title says Updating and it never loads.

I've tried resetting my outlook profile just to see, but really this affecting all users (and always has, this feature has never actually worked in the MANY years I've used Kerio) so I didn't really expect that to do any good.
Re: Resources/Rooms not showing in outlook [message #150051 is a reply to message #150050] Wed, 21 July 2021 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also would like to open a support ticket, but the Sign in button says "Forbidden Invalid authenticity token" no what I do, including Forgot Password.

edit: I tried another browser and the support site worked, must have a stuck cookie or something

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 14:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resources/Rooms not showing in outlook [message #150147 is a reply to message #150051] Wed, 11 August 2021 17:25 Go to previous message
After some time with support, we've worked out how to fix it, and it's 80% outlook's fault. This KB covers what needs changed, though you don't need to do all of it. https://support.kerioconnect.gfi.com/hc/en-us/articles/36001 5199259-Outlook-Free-Busy-Service-Always-Returns-No-Informat ion

1: Outlook uses its "free busy" feature to handle the rooms and schedule assistant tab in the new appointments. This works via HTTP/HTTPS (we use https) and is a simple file download, and it does it via IE internally. IE changed a default at some point that broke this type of HTTPS download. See the "The Internet Explorer settings are incorrect" section from the above article. It also seems that self-signed certs won't work as well, so if you can't use proper certs, only option then is to change your KOFF profile config to not use HTTPS/SSL.

2: Kerio defaults to 2 months of Free busy info. it's a config file setting only, I've changed it to 12. They were not able to say why it's so short, and they don't expect issues, at least for us. See the "OutlookFreeBusyInterval" part of the article above.

3: When outlook starts, the calendars will show an error. Uncheck/Check them and it'll load. Can't find a reason why, server logs do show the request with no errors.

4: Outlook updates the free busy data on 15 minute intervals, but only when you perform some action, such as scrolling around the months, or uncheck/check the room, or switch to email and back. This can be changed to 1 minute, but it's a manual change in outlook. (File, Options, Calendar, Free/Busy options, check box at top, change 15 to 1, uncheck box at top, click OK).

If you do enter a conflict, you will get an email about it, no matter what the free busy shows, which will handle the case when 2 people try to reserve for the same time within that refresh interval.

Previous Topic: 4.4.3 dns lookup failed
Next Topic: Custom spam filter rules do not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 06 15:59:06 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02346 seconds