GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » Product Feedback » Kerio Connect Feedback » Configurable Message & Response Sizes (Allow admins to config MaxUnparsedMessageSize, MaxGetItemResponseSize, MaxPerItemResponseSize via Admin console)
Configurable Message & Response Sizes [message #149587] Sun, 11 April 2021 23:34
jcooper is currently offline  jcooper
Hi,

From what I understand, these variables under ews in mailstore.cfg are used to deal with issue Outlook has with attachments larger than 25mb:

<variable name="MaxUnparsedMessageSize">
<variable name="MaxGetItemResponseSize">
<variable name="MaxPerItemResponseSize">

After some correspondence with Microsoft, the closest thing I got to a direct answer to my question of "what is the largest email Outlook for Mac can handle," is "The size is 25MB per attachment."

So, I increased the max message size for my own account (users > [me] > Edit > Messages to 50mb. I then sent two 18mb attachments. They reached the recipient. The only issue seems to be it does not synchronize back to Outlook's Sent Items. However, it DOES appear in KC's webmail Sent Items, so it seems outlook is capable of sending messages larger than 25mb as long as no single attachment is larger than 25mb, and if KC would synchronize these emails back to the client, it would work ok.

So, could you make the above settings configurable in the admin UI, so we don't have to mess around with manual changes to mailstore.cfg (thus risking crashes), to allow admins to set per-email and per-attachment limits that more accurately reflect the limits set their by mail clients such as Outlook?

With 8K photos, to say nothing of video and other large files, it seems having attachments exceeding 25mb will become more and more common.

Thanks,

Jeff
Previous Topic: FEATURE REQUEST - Whitelisting for the attachement filter option.
Next Topic: Enable Functionality with "New Outlook"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 23 16:37:31 CEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04737 seconds