GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Debian 10 - Job for kerio-connect.service failed because a timeout was exceeded (Installation on debian 10 fails)
Debian 10 - Job for kerio-connect.service failed because a timeout was exceeded [message #149509] Sun, 21 March 2021 15:19 Go to next message
hermann is currently offline  hermann
I try to install Kerio-Connect 9.3.1.5492.patch1-1 on div. debian 10 machines with actual system-patches.
The installation runs after manual install the prerequisites cryptsetup and sysstat.
But then at about 60% it stops at this point:

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/kerio-connect.service → /lib/systemd/system/kerio-connect.service.
Job for kerio-connect.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
See "systemctl status kerio-connect.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes kerio-connect (--configure):
 »installiertes kerio-connect-Skript des Paketes post-installation«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
Trigger für systemd (241-7~deb10u6) werden verarbeitet ...
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 kerio-connect
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

But when I run
ps axu | grep kerio
after the install-process ends, I get an entry telling me, that kerio runs:
root      6817  2.6  0.1 1473904 40604 ?       Ssl  13:17   2:47 /opt/kerio/mailserver/mailserver /opt/kerio/mailserver

I can now connect to the server via <IP>:4040 and walk through the initial setup until I reach the last page "You have successfully finished the initial configuration of your kerio connect. Close the configuration and restart kerio connect now" (sorry, this is not the original message, but a poor translation of me).
Wenn I click finish now, a message appears: "Kerio Connect service is restarting now", but nothing happens, this window stays forever and no configuration ist saved by the server ...

I tried out a lot of tips from google etc., but nothing worked - is it possible, that kerio cannot be installed on debian 10 (buster)?

I would be very happy, if anyone could help me ...

Re: Debian 10 - Job for kerio-connect.service failed because a timeout was exceeded [message #149528 is a reply to message #149509] Wed, 24 March 2021 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bradley.smith is currently offline  bradley.smith
This will require more in depth troubleshooting assistance and as such we will need you to open a support ticket at support.kerioconnect.gfi.com.

GFI Customer Support Edge Team
Re: Debian 10 - Job for kerio-connect.service failed because a timeout was exceeded [message #149537 is a reply to message #149528] Sat, 27 March 2021 09:39 Go to previous message
Backspin is currently offline  Backspin
I'm switching all my Kerio servers from CentOS to Debian and ran into the same issue. dpkg exits with a timeout error when installing Kerio Connect. However, as you noticed, Kerio is installed and running.
But the error leaves dpkg/apt in an unfinished state. I noticed that when I install another package after installing Kerio Connect, (i.e. 'apt install wget') it will also 'finish' the Kerio Connect installation and clean up the mess it left.
After that everything seems to work fine, including installing of Kerio Connect updates.

[Updated on: Sat, 27 March 2021 09:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Attachements missing when using Outlook
Next Topic: Kerio Maintenance Cost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 13:27:22 CET 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03100 seconds