GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI LanGuard » Problems deploying *.batch file to Clients (Client cant find file)
Problems deploying *.batch file to Clients [message #149430] Wed, 24 February 2021 11:10 Go to next message
maxrubner is currently offline  maxrubner
Hello,

I have a little *.bat file with simple netsh commands, which I wish to deploy to severals clients.
The source file is on the Languard Server under \repostitory, I use alternative credentiels on the Client with admin privileges
and copy it by using the administrative share.

It seem, the Target machine cannot find the copied file, but I found no solution.

I Attach the Error message.

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
  • Attachment: kms-fw.JPG
    (Size: 35.27KB, Downloaded 244 times)
Re: Problems deploying *.batch file to Clients [message #149559 is a reply to message #149430] Wed, 31 March 2021 20:19 Go to previous message
bradley.smith is currently offline  bradley.smith
It is best for you to create a support ticket with our Customer Support team at GFI LanGuard Customer Support.

My expectation is that the batch file is looking for the file in the wrong data path. I would recommend checking out our article on Deploying Custom Software on Remote Machines with the GFI LanGuard Server.

But, what I would do is deploy the LanGuard-KMS.BAT file as an auxiliary file. This means the file is just copied to the target machine. Then you would add a batch file that executes LanGuard-KMS.BAT from the C:\Windows\Patches directory. The C:\Windows\Patches directory is where the remedation job will run from.

This means that instead of it trying to utilize a UNC path or something like that, its just executing the .bat file from the local system itself.

GFI Customer Support Edge Team
Previous Topic: KB5000802 Removal
Next Topic: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 16 03:06:43 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02941 seconds