GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Antivirus updates on OS X 10.8.5?
Antivirus updates on OS X 10.8.5? [message #148921] Sun, 25 October 2020 18:43
Backspin is currently offline  Backspin
Hi,

I have a customer running Kerio Connect on a very old server with Mac OS X 10.8.5 (I know..don't ask..).
Yesterday I updated this server from version 9.2.0 to 9.2.12p1. Before the update, antivirus wasn't updating because with 9.2.0 this was still Sophos antivirus.
I hoped that with updating to 9.2.12p1 things would work again. Theoretically it should, because 10.8.5 is still listed as a supported OS.

However, the antivirus is unable to download it's (first) defintions, with 'Unable to fetch updates: CouldNotConnect (-2100)' appearing in the error log.
Upon further investigation this seemed like a possible SSL error.
The updater is trying to connect to bdupdate-cdn.kerio.com. A check with ssllabs.com showed that this host only supports TLS 1.2 & TLS 1.3. It's known that there is no TLS 1.1/1.2 support in Safari on OS X 10.8.5, but I thought Kerio was using its own SSL libraries.
So I tried adding tlsv1.2 to ClientTlsProtocols in mailserver.cfg, but this didn't help.
Opening bdupdate-cdn.kerio.com with safari on 10.8.5 gave the error that a secure connection could not be established, so maybe the updater is indeed using the system's SSL libraries instead of Kerio Connect's own libraries?
Is anyone still running Kerio on an OS as old as this? And having the same problem, or maybe a solution?

Edit: some further investigations shows that Kerio first connects to bdupdate.kerio.com to obtain information about where to download updates. This server supports TLS 1, 1.1 and 1.2. This part works, but Kerio subsequently tries to connect to bdupdate-cdn.kerio.com, and this fails, presumably because this server only supports TLS 1.2 and 1.3.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 October 2020 20:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Anyone have a fix for the Samsung email client bug?
Next Topic: Ganzt├Ągiger Kalendereintrag verschiebt sich
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 07 13:32:20 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02134 seconds