GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI Archiver » Taking off line with AD DC (Taking Archiver server Of the network)
Taking off line with AD DC [message #148427] Wed, 15 July 2020 00:11 Go to next message
albaker1 is currently offline  albaker1
We have an old Archiver server that reached end of life at least 4-5 years ago, and it's on an unsupported Windows Server OS. We've decided to take it off the network and connect directly to an AD DC with a crossover cable.

After taking the DC and GFI servers of the network, seizing the FSMO roles, installing a network crossover cable and pointing DNS on the GFI server to the DC, I can get authenticated to the GFI server but not to the app. However, I can put the GFI server back on the network, and GFI authenticates ok. Also, when the two servers are connected back-to-back, I can change a password for the domain and log back into the GFI server (Windows login) with the new password but not to GFI. Something is broken, but I don't know what. has anyone else tried this? Any ideas? Thanks
Re: Taking off line with AD DC [message #148430 is a reply to message #148427] Wed, 15 July 2020 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
GFI Archiver should utilize the same method of authenticating to the Active Directory as your server does.

What to check:
1) Ensure that your DNS is set to the AD DNS instance
2) Try specifying the domain in the login prompt as part of the username domain\user or user@domain
3) Enable logging and check what ADAAuthenticaiton outputs.

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Taking off line with AD DC [message #148449 is a reply to message #148430] Fri, 17 July 2020 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
albaker1 is currently offline  albaker1
Thanks, Ian. I've tried 1, so I'll give 2 a shot. I don't need to be logged into GFI to enable logging, correct? Thanks for your time.
Re: Taking off line with AD DC [message #148452 is a reply to message #148449] Mon, 20 July 2020 10:59 Go to previous message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
TO enable logging you can do so from the server. Refer to https://support.archiver.gfi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015219 719

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Previous Topic: Email Logs for OPRA requests
Next Topic: GFI Archiver v14 - Mailinsights not all active
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 16 04:09:35 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03301 seconds