GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook for iOS and Connect
Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146859] Mon, 21 October 2019 11:33 Go to next message
len@bizsysconsulting.com is currently offline  len@bizsysconsulting.com
I have been using Outlook for iOS, latest version of both it and Connect on an iPhone 8s and iPad for a few years now.

I, as i think other who might be using this combination, having suffered with duplicate calendar events, requiring a account reset to clear the duplicate entries.

At the suggestion of Outlook for iOS support I deleted the account and re-added it as a Exchange account. The account appears to added successfully, but nothing shows up , email, contacts and calendar entries.

Could this be a port issue? Certificate issue?

Any ideas of what is going on and a solution would be greatly appreciated.

I have not made any changes on my iPad.

Thanks.

Len Levin
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146885 is a reply to message #146859] Wed, 23 October 2019 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeepThought is currently offline  DeepThought
I'm having this issue as well.

Is there any information from GFI about a resolution for this?
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146892 is a reply to message #146859] Thu, 24 October 2019 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigmountain is currently offline  bigmountain

I have had three instances where the customer updated to the latest ios version and afterwards experienced duplicates in their mail account, primarily the sent items folder. In both cases, they were using ActiveSync. I simply removed the user's mobile device from their account (remove, not wipe), which removes their sync file and forces the user's phone to re-sync. I wonder if you are experiencing something similar in that all you need to do is remove the mobile device from their account and let it sync again?

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146941 is a reply to message #146892] Thu, 31 October 2019 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried this but no change.

Looking on the server the device status is Not provisioned yet.

Does anyone else see this?
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146990 is a reply to message #146859] Tue, 05 November 2019 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kris@ctspdx.com is currently offline  kris@ctspdx.com
Ive seen this issue with multiple clients installation. Sometimes deleting outlook app on the phone and reloading it corrects the issue.
I have one today that will not SYNC no matter what, just says "Not provisioned yet" Mad

Please Fix.
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146997 is a reply to message #146990] Wed, 06 November 2019 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyB is currently offline  RustyB
We had a problem with duplicates years ago when we upgraded to Kerio 8.5. The problem was that some older devices didn't support ActiveSync 14.1. The quick fix was to simply turn off Push in the Sync settings. Eventually, Kerio released an update that allowed us to specify an older version of ActiveSync on certain devices. Do a search on GFIs site for "Setting a compatible Exchange ActiveSync version for specific mobile devices"

http://kb.kerio.com/1799
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #146998 is a reply to message #146859] Thu, 07 November 2019 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vladyslav.velychko is currently offline  vladyslav.velychko
Good day,

We are aware of this issue, a bug report was created and our Engineering is working on this issue. It seems the latest Outlook iOS app is not correctly recognized by Kerio Connect. In Debug logs with ActiveSync synchronization enabled, you will see similar output.

[05/Nov/2019 09:18:27][1589] {activesync} 000000: ..j...E..VH`.Outlook-iOS-Android/1.0..W.Outlook for iOS and Android..Z.OutlookBasicAuth
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147046 is a reply to message #146998] Wed, 13 November 2019 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigmountain is currently offline  bigmountain

I have noticed that since Microsoft released version 4.11 this past week, it seems to have broken the ability for Outlook to sync with Kerio Connect. Is this a bug with the new version of the Outlook app or is this an issue with Kerio Connect recognizing the new Outlook version? Is there a manual workaround? I opened up a ticket earlier today. Thanks.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147089 is a reply to message #147046] Tue, 19 November 2019 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
Hi all

Some news about this topic. Microsoft has recently changed the way Outlook for iOS/Android works.

The biggest change is that the App no longer connects to the server directly, instead the mobile Outlook App connects to Microsoft Cloud which in turn connects to the email system using ActiveSync. For this to happen Microsoft has implemented a new authentication mechanism that is not currently supported by Kerio Connect.

More information is here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients/outlook-fo r-ios-and-android/use-hybrid-modern-auth?view=exchserver-201 9#connection-flow-faq

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147251 is a reply to message #147089] Wed, 11 December 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven G. is currently offline  Sven G.
Is there any schedule, when Outlook for iOS/Android will be supported again by Kerio Connect?
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147257 is a reply to message #147251] Wed, 11 December 2019 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been told Feb 2020 for Kerio to get the update for this to work again..
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147263 is a reply to message #147257] Fri, 13 December 2019 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
Unfortunately there is no ETA for supporting Outlook on iOS/Android. Our suggestion is to migrate to other apps, which use native ActiveSync.

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147283 is a reply to message #147263] Wed, 18 December 2019 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven G. is currently offline  Sven G.
Kerio Connect started as one of those countless competitors against M$ Exchange. There are pending issues with Outlook on Windows, there is no planned support for Outlook on iOS/Android. How do you want to encourage users to continue using Kerio Connect?

Sometimes it feels, that GFI is just waiting for all those customers to migrate to other solutions to get rif of all those bug reports...
To be honest - if someone would offer an easy way to switch to some different software, I would bo glad to do so.
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147303 is a reply to message #146859] Thu, 19 December 2019 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McIrish is currently offline  McIrish
I just ran into this issue. I have a number of androids that were using Outlook. They were working ok. Someone got a new Note 10 today and I setup outlook as usual. No email is received or sent. I assume that is the same issue. I then went to my phone, which had Outlook working, and deleted the account and set it up again. I can't get it to work anymore. At least I know I'm not the only one.
Re: Outlook for iOS and Connect [message #147345 is a reply to message #147303] Sun, 05 January 2020 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jambo is currently offline  Jambo
Similar issue her with Outlook for Android.
My workaround: I remove Outlook and install manually the version Outlook 4.0.0 (343) APK from 25. September 2019 I dl from androidapksfree.
Then add Kerio Mailaccount and it´s working again. After that I update Outlook over Google Play Store with Outlook 4.0.94 an it´s still working.

(I am not responsible for androidapksfree so choose your source of trust!)
Previous Topic: Will outbound mail only be sent on port 25?
Next Topic: 2 Kerio Connect Server syncing users from 1 AD Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 25 01:34:19 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02199 seconds