GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Alias syntax/Add'l emails in GAL
Alias syntax/Add'l emails in GAL [message #145885] Thu, 30 May 2019 21:11
shtaffa is currently offline  shtaffa
I have multiple users who have multiple email addresses associated with their mailboxes for various reasons. The one thing that I don't like about having multiple email addresses associated with a mailbox is that all of those addresses then show up in the GAL. It's admittedly not hurting functionality, it just looks messy. I thought I'd try to find a way to clean it up.

I started messing around with aliases. It creates the desired functionality, but it would be nice if there was a way to create one alias entry for all of the email aliases a given user may have. As an example, Jane got married, divorced and married again since she's joined the company. She was originally Jane Doe (jane.doe<_at_>company.com), then Jane Smith (jane.smith<_at_>company.com) and now Jane Jones (jane.jones<_at_>company.com). I'd like to make one alias that handles all three of these iterations of her name. Granted, I could create and alias of "jane*", but that would cause problems for Jane Jingleheimer-Schmidt. I've looked for the syntax on how to do this, but I've come up with nothing.

Another option, is there a way prevent the additional email addresses added to a mailbox from being published to the GAL?

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2019 21:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Bitdefender anti spam issues
Next Topic: outlook free/busy in planing view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 20 20:07:42 CEST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03943 seconds