GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI Archiver » Change active Directory settings after installation ?
Change active Directory settings after installation ? [message #145077] Wed, 20 February 2019 09:51 Go to next message
Philippr76 is currently offline  Philippr76
Hello,

we have the gfi archiver installed and unfortunately we have no users to choose from in the web interface.
I assume this is related to the active directory setting, and I would like to check and change the settings.
where can I do this after installation?

Many Thanks
Re: Change active Directory settings after installation ? [message #145080 is a reply to message #145077] Wed, 20 February 2019 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
Hi

During installation, GFI Archiver requires to set if to use GFI Directory or Active Directory. It is not possible to change this setting after installation. ALso once emails are imported they are bound for security reasons to the specific user account in GFI Directory or Active Directory.

You can uninstall, delete all data and restart the installation to change the installation type.

Do you know what option was selected during installation?

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Change active Directory settings after installation ? [message #145081 is a reply to message #145080] Wed, 20 February 2019 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
during the installation I chose active directory.
I've just installed the GFI Directory on the same server and now the users from the active directory appear.

Now I have only the problem that he says under licensing I have too many users
Re: Change active Directory settings after installation ? [message #145082 is a reply to message #145081] Wed, 20 February 2019 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What method do you wish to use GFI Directory or Active Directory? If you want to use Active Directory there is no need to install GFI Directory and GFI Archiver should automatically connect to that.

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Change active Directory settings after installation ? [message #145083 is a reply to message #145082] Wed, 20 February 2019 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we want to use active directory. Unfortunately it only worked after I installed the GFI Directory.
Now I can also select user from the active directory.
the first problem is solved

Unfortunately, I still have the problem that he under licensing too many users indicates (11 of 10) and will soon stop the function.
Where can I see which users the Archiver has selected?
Re: Change active Directory settings after installation ? [message #145088 is a reply to message #145083] Wed, 20 February 2019 19:30 Go to previous message
Hi

I suggest to completely uninstall delete the config and install again. You can reach out to gfi support from support.gfi.com

GFI Archiver will select all users in the directory and from the configuration Archive Restrictions you can select the users you want to count via an invlusion list.

Regards

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Previous Topic: GFI Archiver vs Kerio Connect archive
Next Topic: Very Slow in Configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 23:21:16 CEST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02796 seconds