GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI MailEssentials » Spam Key Word Checking
Spam Key Word Checking [message #145060] Mon, 18 February 2019 07:50 Go to next message
BillSwan is currently offline  BillSwan
Having a few issues with certain emails with the following phrase in the body of the email..

You can earn from $1500 a day using this money robot

Spam Keyword Checker is second in the filter priority but this always comes thru and blocked by spamrazer. I divert spam to another mailbox and search the phrase above and outlook finds them all so its not like the text is in a picture.

The same happens with these emails:-

I'm a haсker whо сrасkеd yоur dеviсеs а few mоnths аgо.
I sent уоu аn email frоm YOUR hackеd асcount.

All clients servers have the same issue / emails so they must be doing the rounds, wondering if anyone else out there has combat these emails ?

The only difference I see with these emails from others is that in the headers they state charset=utf-8 . Genuine / Whitelisted emails don't seem to mention a charset.

Version 21.4 Build 20180913 all 4 patches applied.

Thanks
Re: Spam Key Word Checking [message #145102 is a reply to message #145060] Fri, 22 February 2019 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
Hi

Can you open a support ticket and submit a sample, please? Mention this post to be escalated and one of our Engineers will look at it in more detail.

Regards

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Spam Key Word Checking [message #145590 is a reply to message #145060] Thu, 18 April 2019 19:27 Go to previous message
Wibber is currently offline  Wibber
We've been getting a lot of these types of spam and if you look at the message source code you can see what the problem is. The main body is made up of pairs of letters separated by what looks like inline comments. Outlook then ignores the comments and reconstructs the pairs of letters into readable language but the keyword filter is probably using the source and so can't see any whole words to match against. Be keen to see a solution as I'm sure that this kind of spam will become more prevalent.
Previous Topic: BUG in Mail Essentials
Next Topic: Advanced Content Filtering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 23:11:33 CEST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02776 seconds