GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Attachements missing when using Outlook ( Missing attachments)
Re: Attachements missing when using Outlook [message #145530 is a reply to message #145258] Thu, 11 April 2019 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris_heiss is currently offline  chris_heiss
i have the sam issues with outlook 2016/2019 Mac and Kerio.

Outlook only occours with pictures in the same domain when emails are forwarded. Becaue then picture attachments are in the inbox as "Inline Attachments" ( Preview) not as a regular "attachment" ) (without preview) and outlook in combination with kerio is does not show inline attachment properly . im in contact with the support but there is no fix yet.
i also tried imap instead of exchange ... no problem...

vrlpete wrote on Wed, 13 March 2019 15:18
I see that there is a notification that this issue is due to be solved in v 9.2.9 due release at the end of this month but...

I want to double check that what my users are seeing is related to this and therefore most likely fixed by this next release.

KC mail server is patched to 9.2.8 p1 running on Mac OSX Server
Mail clients are Outlook 2016 for Mac, ver 16.22 and ver 16.23 (as of this morning).

For a while now (pre the KC mail server patch), some (not all) emails received from external sources that have attachments do not forward correctly/completely when forwarded internally. Some or all attachments disappear in the forwarded email both on sending and receiving sides, though Outlook displays the paperclip to show that there are attachments.

I've only had reports of .jpg and .ai file attachments going missing so far.

View this forwarded email in any other mail client (mail.app, thunderbird, Outlook 2011 for Mac) or through KC webmail and the attachments are visible.

I can also see the attachments if I view the forwarded email's source (open it in textedit and search for the attachment name), so it 'seems' that for what I'm seeing, Outlook is 'hiding' the attachments.
From what I've detailed above, do you think my users are experiencing the same problem here and will the fix work for the file formats I'm mentioned too?
Re: Attachements missing when using Outlook [message #145531 is a reply to message #145259] Thu, 11 April 2019 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete Mitchell is currently offline  Pete Mitchell
I was hopeful that upgrading to Kerio Connect 9.2.9 would have fully fixed this missing attachments in Outlook 2016 Mac issue....seems that it hasn't in my case though.

I've been shown today an email received from outside my organisation, with 2 attachments: A .jpg file and a .pdf file.

When forwarded, the .jpg file is missing on both the recipient's side and from the forwarded email in Sent Items on the senders side.

Weird thing though:
If the original received email is forwarded as an attachment, then in Outlook on the receiving side, the Preview of the .eml file displays all the content, with both attachments previewed inline below the email body.
Open the .eml file into Outlook and again, the .jpg attachment is missing!

Has anyone else seen this behaviour since upgrading the mail server to 9.2.9?

Kerio Connect Server is running on Mac OSX Server 10.8.5
Outlook 2016 for Mac clients are versions 16.21.x through 16.23 running on macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13.6.
Re: Attachements missing when using Outlook [message #145537 is a reply to message #145530] Fri, 12 April 2019 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete Mitchell is currently offline  Pete Mitchell
Chris Heiss, that's for the details.

I agree that what I'm seeing is that the 'inline attachment' elements seem to be the problem here.

Interested to hear that this doesn't occur with an IMAP connection, only with the Exchange connection....I'll test that configuration here and see what happens....this probably explains why I'm not seeing issues with Thunderbird and the likes as that is an IMAP connection.

Prior to the 9.2.9 update, I had tested changing the attachment type from 'inline' to 'attachment' and opened the altered .eml file and the attachments were visible...what you're describing will explain why this worked for me....

I'll raise a support request too due to this not being resolved in 9.2.9.
Re: Attachements missing when using Outlook [message #147280 is a reply to message #144788] Tue, 17 December 2019 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris_heiss is currently offline  chris_heiss
This is still a thing in Outlook 2019 and Kerio Connect with the latest Updates...
I thing we will change to Exchange or alternatives..
this is horrible
Re: Attachements missing when using Outlook [message #149526 is a reply to message #144788] Wed, 24 March 2021 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyB is currently offline  RustyB
Has anyone run into this problem lately. We used to have the problem all the time with pdf attachments showing up in webmail but not in Outlook using KOC. I thought it was finally fixed in Version 9.2.11. However, I noticed today that one of my emails is missing the attachment in Outlook (but available in webmail). I am using version 9.3.0
Re: Attachements missing when using Outlook [message #149533 is a reply to message #149526] Thu, 25 March 2021 11:54 Go to previous message
PhilCampbell is currently offline  PhilCampbell
Thank you
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 9.3.1 Release Notes
Next Topic: Debian 10 - Job for kerio-connect.service failed because a timeout was exceeded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 16:45:56 CET 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03119 seconds