GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Control » Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan
Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144140] Sat, 06 October 2018 14:15 Go to next message
Engineer is currently offline  Engineer
I would like to create a large data transfer limit (100KB/S) down, for a specific IP adress group.
If I create a rule in Bandwidth management and Qos, select traffic as Large Data transfers, it applies to the whole network.

There is no Large data transfer option under content filter, where I could specify the source.

How could I do this?

Thanks
Re: Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144203 is a reply to message #144140] Fri, 12 October 2018 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billybob is currently offline  billybob
The QoS rules are applied from top to bottom just like firewall rules.

Create 2 rules. First rule QoS everyone that you don't want to control large data transfer. Second rule Qos Everyone that you want to control large data transfer.

Now create another rule above the second rule and apply it for large data transfers. Every rule below this rule will now throttle large data transfers.

Hope this makes sense.
Re: Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144204 is a reply to message #144140] Fri, 12 October 2018 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can also create an IP address group called vlan, then create a user VLANQoS and under addresses use the Vlan IP address group that you just created. Now you can use that user along with large downloads limit in a single qos rule.
Re: Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144224 is a reply to message #144203] Tue, 16 October 2018 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billybob wrote on Fri, 12 October 2018 19:39
The QoS rules are applied from top to bottom just like firewall rules.

Create 2 rules. First rule QoS everyone that you don't want to control large data transfer. Second rule Qos Everyone that you want to control large data transfer.

Now create another rule above the second rule and apply it for large data transfers. Every rule below this rule will now throttle large data transfers.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

But how can I specify the vlans under QoS I dont want to control large data transfers? Under QoS, I can only specify the "Traffic".
Re: Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144247 is a reply to message #144224] Wed, 17 October 2018 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I said earlier, create an IP address group. Now you can assign that group to a dummy user. Apply traffic rules to that user and they will only apply to the IP addresses assigned to the user.

You can also accomplish this with your firewall rules. Create a firewall rule for your vlan and then under qos traffic, use firewall rule and large data transfer in a single qos rule to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Re: Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144258 is a reply to message #144247] Fri, 19 October 2018 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try version 9.2.8. Under QoS> Traffic, they let you speicify IP address ranges directly in the QoS rule. Much easier to implement in your case.
Re: Large data transfer limit rule, for a specific vlan [message #144276 is a reply to message #144258] Mon, 22 October 2018 07:43 Go to previous message
billybob wrote on Fri, 19 October 2018 05:06
Try version 9.2.8. Under QoS> Traffic, they let you speicify IP address ranges directly in the QoS rule. Much easier to implement in your case.

Thanks, atm I am running Kerio Control: 9.2.7 build 2921
Previous Topic: Unable to get address where to send failure notification
Next Topic: Wake on Lan through Kerio 9.2.7 build 2921
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 06 00:36:10 CEST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03239 seconds