GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Operator » PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User (Outgoing Calls )
dialog-warning.png  PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #120162] Fri, 20 March 2015 08:06 Go to next message
johnbrown is currently offline  johnbrown
Hello,

Is it possible to enable PINs/codes for individual users when they want to make external calls? If so, how do i go about it?

Thanks,
John
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #120193 is a reply to message #120162] Fri, 20 March 2015 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksnyder
Hi John,

This is a bit of an unusual request. Can you share a brief description of the use case and what you want as an end result? Is your end goal to prevent certain extensions from being able to make calls to specific countries/destinations or international calls in general? During certain hours? Etc?

Operator does have Call Permission Groups that can be applied to EXTENSIONS (not users) in order to restrict calls. These rules either allow or block certain key sequences from extensions that are members of the group.

For example: extensions in a lobby may be restricted to only allow internal, local, and emergency calls (no long distance or international calls). Or the lobby phone may be restricted to only dial a receptionist desk and emergency services and nothing else.

Thanks,
Ken

Ken Snyder
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #120209 is a reply to message #120193] Sat, 21 March 2015 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ken,

What we want is a means to restrict a user, not their extension. Scenario... User 1 goes to user 4's desk and finds out that he isn't there (but his phone/extension can call overseas, cellphone, local and internal). User 1 will be able to make calls as he wishes. But if each user was assigned a code, User 1 will need to know the code of someone (User 4 in our scenario) who has unlimited call access in order to make the calls mentioned above.

I had a look at the Call Permission Groups a few days ago but it doesn't work like we'd need it to.

Unless I'm missing something? Please advise.

Regards,
John
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #120211 is a reply to message #120162] Sat, 21 March 2015 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steinham

Hi!

There is no such feature in Kerio Operator. If you think that it's useful also for others, please use "Suggest idea" button from Dashboard...

i can imagine only one way how to bypass it now. For few users (let say 10-20) you can:
1) users to extensions are mapped 1:1 (user A has 100, user B has 101 etc.) so talking about users or extensions is still same
2) create one outgoing route and as prefix use some random 4-digits number - it is your "PIN" - for every user; you can use same channel (SIP provider, PRI/BRI port etc.) in all of them
3) create all Permission Group for every extension (user) which:
- allows calls to internal numbers e.g. allow prefixes 10 and 11 for numbers 100 - 119 (but also 1000 - 1199 etc)
- allows dialing of "PIN" from user's outbound route
- disables all other numbers

Yes, this solution is not 100% what you want, is possible for only few users (you need to maintain many outbound routes and many call permission groups without any typos and errors) and PINs must be "generated" carefully to be consistent wit your dialplan and with national dilaplan, but it can work...

Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #120224 is a reply to message #120211] Mon, 23 March 2015 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

Thanks! Will look into it.

Regards,
John
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #121150 is a reply to message #120224] Thu, 07 May 2015 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ESP Projects is currently offline  ESP Projects
On Yealink phones you could use the "Hotdesking" DSS key which removes the username and password for the SIP account which would stop anyone being able to use any phone without knowing a username and password. Users would just have to remember to press the hot desking key each time they leave their desk and then log back in each time they come back.

You could then use the call restrictions as mentioned above
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #144796 is a reply to message #120162] Tue, 15 January 2019 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pulata is currently offline  pulata
Hi all,

I need help on this topic, 3 years have passed, I think that everything is already decided, please help or throw off the instructions. The situation is similar to that of johnbrown, you need to have a PIN code when calling to another country.
thx.
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #144805 is a reply to message #144796] Tue, 15 January 2019 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kbohannon@amicusworks.com is currently offline  kbohannon@amicusworks.com
Create an outbound profile for international dialing, but instead of using 011 as the prefix, use ####011. Then edit the profile to strip those digits from the left.

You could further restrict this by allowing use of the route only by those extension listed under exceptions. You could go even farther by creating a separate outbound profile with a different ####011 code for each user, and restrict each outbound profile to only one extension.

To restrict dialing from the US to a single country, like Antarctica (672), with a PIN code of 5678, then your outbound profile would have the prefix 5678011672, and you would strip from left the first four digits.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 January 2019 16:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #144810 is a reply to message #144805] Tue, 15 January 2019 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, and you can make a screen step by step Smile
Re: PIN/Code for Outgoing Calls Per User [message #144949 is a reply to message #144805] Fri, 01 February 2019 12:52 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot for the help, I probably misunderstood the thought. I have a long-distance call through 98, I need users to put the pin code after dialing 98.
Previous Topic: Image email alert
Next Topic: Cannot add new extension, gettting collides error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 22:26:16 CEST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02759 seconds