GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Text index and search not working
Re: Text index and search not working [message #146628 is a reply to message #146082] Wed, 18 September 2019 16:13 Go to previous message
jcooper is currently offline  jcooper
dhardyuk wrote on Wed, 26 June 2019 05:28
Email was never intended to be more than the electronic equivalent of a postcard or an envelope. The fact that systems have been able to keep pace with the demands of users has not helped manage expectations because the go to has always been to add more grunt or disk.

Email is not the answer if the users want/need to retain a massive quantity (count) or volume (size) of messages. How do those same users document and control SMS messages? SMS has moved into the space that email occupied 20 years ago, messages are to a large extent disposable and not globally archived by organisations .... WhatsApp, Twitter and so on

The relentless growth and sprawl of platforms is creating a massive governance liability for proper legal discovery. Never mind business continuity or timely disaster recovery, it is terrifying.
I forget what I was looking for that made me stumble on this thread, but imho is is one of the truest passages I've read in a forum in quite a while. Thank goodness I'm not alone.

Jeff
(IT Mgr for architecture firm with principals who insist on maintaining 30GB+ mailboxes Confused )
Previous Topic: KOFF auto install
Next Topic: Difference Between Relay Control and Sender Policy SMTP Settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 06 17:30:44 CET 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05260 seconds