GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI HelpDesk » Auditing Issue (GFI Archiver Auditing Not Pulling)
Auditing Issue [message #154608] Mon, 26 June 2023 21:25 Go to next message
SECMichael is currently offline  SECMichael
Hello,

I have recently migrated our GFI Archiver databases from one server ("Server 1") to another ("Server 2") using SQL Server 2017. I copied the database to server 2 and ran a powershell script to restore the user/permission settings on the SQL server. I checked that they were identical to the old server. However, when I tried to configure Auditing, I could not connect to the database, so I created a new one. I then placed all the TRC file logs in the audit folder where the new database logs are stored.

I have two questions:

1) When I click "Upload Traces" to import the logs, it says it is successful, but I don't see any new data. What exactly is being imported?

2) How can I import the data from the old SQL database into the current one? Can I use a script to merge or join the two databases?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!
Re: Auditing Issue [message #154609 is a reply to message #154608] Tue, 27 June 2023 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mzaidi is currently offline  mzaidi
Thank you for your message. For further assistance regarding the issue and troubleshooting, please reach out to the GFI Archiver Technical support team by creating the support ticket on the GFI Archiver support portal
Re: Auditing Issue [message #154614 is a reply to message #154609] Tue, 27 June 2023 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jiniso is currently offline  Jiniso
Thank you, but how to create the support ticket on the GFI Archiver support portal.

Re: Auditing Issue [message #154615 is a reply to message #154614] Wed, 28 June 2023 03:18 Go to previous message
mzaidi is currently offline  mzaidi
You can Login into the Support Portal to Open a New Support Ticket . If you don't have an account, you will need to Create an Account on Support Portal
Previous Topic: Need Updates
Next Topic: Failed Mail Essentials Cannot watch this Thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 28 15:55:01 CEST 2023

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11253 seconds