GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Control » 9.4.x pulled from download servers
9.4.x pulled from download servers [message #151674] Thu, 19 May 2022 20:37 Go to next message
jhtinc is currently offline  jhtinc
Just FYI - I know we've all seen reports of 9.4 upgrade issues and speed issues - as of right now, both 9.4 and 9.4.1 appear to have been pulled from the kerio download servers. Also, for those with problems, you can reinstall the 9.3.6p1 image over 9.4.x and it seems to resolve speed issues.

For now. This has not been a good release process, GFI.
Re: 9.4.x pulled from download servers [message #151679 is a reply to message #151674] Fri, 20 May 2022 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinbateman is currently offline  robinbateman

Agreed the release has had problems but this was a major upgrade with a new kernel that has been a long time coming . There is a beta test programme but beta testers cannot test every possible scenario

There was a patch quickly released to address the update issue (9.4.1) and then the speed issues emerged

Rather than leave a buggy release GFI took the step to temporarily pull the update, let all clients know and offer a solution (roll back to 9.3.6)

Although regrettable, this was the right thing to do despite not being the easiest choice and maybe for a change GFI should be praised for the swift response while they address the problems

Just my 2c

Robin Bateman
One Red Mouse
Blog: http://bit.ly/OWjcGL
Re: 9.4.x pulled from download servers [message #151680 is a reply to message #151679] Fri, 20 May 2022 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tech1UAE is currently offline  Tech1UAE
How they didn't see that speed issue is a concern, this is basic functionality.
Re: 9.4.x pulled from download servers [message #151681 is a reply to message #151680] Fri, 20 May 2022 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robinbateman is currently offline  robinbateman

To be fair none of my clients with Mac users have reported any speed issues so far

Robin Bateman
One Red Mouse
Blog: http://bit.ly/OWjcGL
Re: 9.4.x pulled from download servers [message #151786 is a reply to message #151674] Wed, 01 June 2022 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schaumeil is currently offline  schaumeil
Hello to all
I agree with the remove of 9.4.x of download.

But :

For those who had updated to 9.4.0 the to 9.4.1 and experienced issues only on a small portion of the functionnality (I our case only pdf and other attachments on email were very slow to download) it looks me 4 days of test and essay to finally find where the issue was.
GFi do know perfectly what version is installed on my appliance (mykerio has this info) and they could have sent a email to customers regarding this issue.

A splash page on dashboard alerting customers ???? to complicated ? ???

Testing B4 launching, ok, maybe not easy to catch everything and test all configuration. in My case NG300 and Kerio connect email (same company products....).

An email to customers (may be done and stuck in my spam, but the security consultant and GFI rep who spend 2 day testing everything with me wasn't aware of the issue neither.

So, angry and a bit disappointed by GFI on this.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2022 08:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: 9.4.x pulled from download servers [message #151895 is a reply to message #151786] Mon, 13 June 2022 11:07 Go to previous message
tverweij is currently offline  tverweij
Don't know what those speed issues are, but in my case, the 9.4 / 9.4.1 release is MUCH faster.
Internet was limited to about 300 Mbit in the previous versions, with the 9.4 I finally reach 900Mbit (on a GBit line).
Previous Topic: Is it possible to restore from a SA backup to a hardware box like NG310?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 27 03:32:47 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03262 seconds