GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » Product Feedback » Kerio Connect Feedback » LDAP - Either as a Server or a Supported Client (I'll take either one, but all we have right now is AD or Local)
icon6.gif  LDAP - Either as a Server or a Supported Client [message #151651] Tue, 17 May 2022 20:13 Go to next message
jcooper is currently offline  jcooper
Hi,

Since OD has gone bye-bye. could we get an alternative to Microsoft Active Directory? I know there's a hack to get KC talking to LDAP, but it's kind of "you're on your own."

Alternatively, maybe make LDAP fully supported as a service against which other resources can authenticate.

We're almost all Mac so don't have a need, nor time for the complexities, of a full blown domain controller.

Thanks,

Jeff
Re: LDAP - Either as a Server or a Supported Client [message #151656 is a reply to message #151651] Wed, 18 May 2022 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mzaidi is currently offline  mzaidi
Thank you for the feedback. Your feature request is shared with the backend team for further review.
Re: LDAP - Either as a Server or a Supported Client [message #151686 is a reply to message #151656] Fri, 20 May 2022 17:48 Go to previous message
fishtech is currently offline  fishtech
+1 to get authentication against other LDAP directory sources.

I am looking at Okta as an identity provider in place of Open Directory. Okta has an LDAP directory called Universal Directory. Would be great to have the option to authenticate against that.

ft.
Previous Topic: Enforcing 2FA for Every Login
Next Topic: Fingerprint Web Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 12:36:53 CET 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03236 seconds