GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user (A user creates a sends a message, it shows up in the MAIL log, it is received by the recipients but never shows up in the Sent Items folder for the sender)
Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149681] Tue, 27 April 2021 18:19 Go to next message
kingswaygroup is currently offline  kingswaygroup
Now I have to admit that in all the years we have been on Kerio this one is difficult to comprehend. I have been working on this for 2 weeks now before posting.
A user reported that they have created email messages over the course of the day, sent those messages out to one or more recipients who confirmed that they have received the messages, the MAIL log indicates that a message was sent and that the recipients did receive the message, and yet the sender never sees that message show up in their SENT ITEMS folder. Now if this was consistent it would likely be easier to address however the issue does not happen on every email, or sometimes it will work for most or all of a day as expected and then the next day (like today) nothing is in the SENT ITEMS folder. Today is that kind of day.
The email is created on Outlook 2019 Home and Business. We use KOFF. I have also repaired Outlook. I have checked in both Webmail and Kerio Connect Client and the emails are not there. I even checked the Sent Items folder of the user on the server. No missing emails are there. Our server is on CentOS7. Initially the problem was identified when we were running Kerio Connect 9.3.1 but we have since updated to the most current release patch 1. I have shutdown the server and restarted it. Same results. I have reindexed the mail box. Same result. In the Sent Items folder of the user I have renamed the index.fld, search.fld, and the metadata files (server was down) and even after everything came back and reindexed the problem continues to exist.
I am wondering whether there is a setting in the Debug Log - Messages where I can select extra log settings to see if there a reason as to why this is occurring.
And if there is anyone who has an idea what is going on here I would appreciate tapping into your knowledge.
David

David Green
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149683 is a reply to message #149681] Tue, 27 April 2021 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick.Geary is currently offline  Nick.Geary
Hi David,

I'd recommend you try the following and if that isn't successful then to open a support ticket.

Connect message store consistency check / Reindex >>>
Within the Administration, go to Accounts > Users
Select one or more users and right-click. Select More Actions... > Reindex Mailbox

https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-conf iguration/data-store/automatic-data-consistency-check-and-fi x-in-kerio-connect-536.html?
--
In some situations, Kerio Connect will automatically repair the index file, otherwise this procedure must be done manually.

The user must log out of all mail sessions - Outlook, WebMail, etc. It is also REQUIRED that the Kerio Connect service be stopped.
Access the user's directory from the server in /store/mail/domain/user/folder_name/.
In this directory you will find the index.fld file. Rename this file to index.bad. Please note that the file extension must be renamed specifically to .bad.
The next time the user accesses their folder, Kerio Connect will rebuild the index file. If they have a large folder they will experience a slight delay while the file is being rebuilt.

Each folder contains its own index.fld file. One of the most common cause of inconsistencies in the index.fld file is local anti-virus software that has not been configured to exclude the scanning of the mailserver and store directories.

https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-conf iguration/accounts/how-do-i-re-index-a-user-s-folder-if-it-h as-become-corrupt-406.html?

-Nick

Nick Geary
GFI Software
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149687 is a reply to message #149683] Wed, 28 April 2021 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingswaygroup is currently offline  kingswaygroup
Nick:

I did all of that and it did not help. I am surprised that the file must be renamed to index.bad but even that was done. I did get a call from support this afternoon and I will try to work on what they wanted however I am now more suspicious of the Kerio Outlook Connector as it seems that the problem has not happened for the few tests we ran using a web client and a phone. Both of those resulted in a message showing up in Sent Items. I am going to remove the Outlook Connector and reinstate it to see if there is a change. But not at this late hour. Too tired and I could make a mistake.

David

David Green
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149690 is a reply to message #149681] Wed, 28 April 2021 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blendit is currently offline  Blendit
Goodmorning to all,

we are having same issue on rel. 9.2.3 and I'm considering to update it with latest 9.3.1 Patch 1
But is this will solve the issue?
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149691 is a reply to message #149687] Wed, 28 April 2021 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blendit is currently offline  Blendit
Which version have you installed?
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149697 is a reply to message #149691] Fri, 30 April 2021 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BFR is currently offline  BFR
Same Problem here with one Kerio Connect Server 9.3.1 Patch 1 running on Windows 2012 R2.
Client Win10 Pro 64 with KOFF and Outlook 2019. Everything up to date (Win and Office).
Other Servers running same Version do not have this problem.
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149710 is a reply to message #149681] Thu, 06 May 2021 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ghantz is currently offline  ghantz
I have encountered the same problem for more 15 days on 2 PC.
auto complete list of contact disappears too. After restart Outlook send item and autocomplete list is ok.
I've patched server version 9.3.1 to 9.3.1 patch1. I re installed kerio connector and re indexed the problematic accounts.
I did the last windows updates.
My kerio connect is a vm on vmware under debian.
Outlook 2019 32bits and windows10 x64 20h2.
anyone who has an idea ?

Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149769 is a reply to message #149681] Fri, 21 May 2021 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balloo is currently offline  balloo
Hi all,

had the exact same issue with Outlook 2019. i opened a ticket with GFI support and here is what worked for me :

Foremost, please ensure that the option to "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" is enabled in Outlook. For specific instructions, please refer to this Microsoft article: Email sent using Outlook are not saved to the Sent Items folder. In some cases, we have seen this option become deselected automatically as a result of having the sync to cloud settings enabled in File > Options > General - top of page. Untick this option

I unticked the option and for now (3 days) it seems to be working just fine.
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149925 is a reply to message #149769] Thu, 24 June 2021 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DavidSmith is currently offline  DavidSmith
thank you all for the advice!

Dev at https://computools.com/ - software development, mobile apps, AI, Iot, VR
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #149957 is a reply to message #149925] Wed, 30 June 2021 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katewilliams is currently offline  katewilliams
I've had approximately the same situation.
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #150012 is a reply to message #149957] Tue, 13 July 2021 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimmyKeen is currently offline  JimmyKeen
Thats really interesting opinion, but tell me please who really fixed it?
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #150015 is a reply to message #149769] Tue, 13 July 2021 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick.Geary is currently offline  Nick.Geary
balloo wrote on Fri, 21 May 2021 08:45
Hi all,

had the exact same issue with Outlook 2019. i opened a ticket with GFI support and here is what worked for me :

Foremost, please ensure that the option to "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" is enabled in Outlook. For specific instructions, please refer to this Microsoft article: Email sent using Outlook are not saved to the Sent Items folder. In some cases, we have seen this option become deselected automatically as a result of having the sync to cloud settings enabled in File > Options > General - top of page. Untick this option

I unticked the option and for now (3 days) it seems to be working just fine.

Do we have confirmation this worked for the other users impacted in the thread?

Nick Geary
GFI Software

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2021 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #150103 is a reply to message #150015] Fri, 30 July 2021 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ritt is currently offline  Ritt
Hello,

I have the same problem. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. None of them helped.
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #150178 is a reply to message #150103] Tue, 24 August 2021 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MorganC is currently offline  MorganC
Thanks for this solution!
Re: Messages not always showing up in Sent Items folder for single user [message #150185 is a reply to message #150178] Wed, 25 August 2021 14:42 Go to previous message
davecapelle is currently offline  davecapelle
HeŠ½,

I have the exact same problem. None of the suggestions in this thread helped me. Waiting for someone to help me Sad

Sloboda Studio - Web Development with Care

[Updated on: Thu, 26 August 2021 09:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 2 kerio connect server config
Next Topic: Autorenew Letsencrypt SSL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 23 17:54:45 CEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05330 seconds