GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » GFI LanGuard » Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved (Can't resolve "Awaiting first scan")
Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #147545] Thu, 13 February 2020 02:17 Go to next message
RAYMONDFEDBANK is currently offline  RAYMONDFEDBANK
I have some computers with Agent installed for GFI Languard that aren't reporting in to the server. If I run Agent Diagnostics, I get the message that the server firewall may be at issue. Yet, as nearly as I can tell, it's set properly to allow incoming traffic on port 1072. I'm not sure what else to look for to fix. About 15% of our computers have this issue so it's very important to fix.

Looking for advice, link, etc. please.
Re: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #147575 is a reply to message #147545] Mon, 17 February 2020 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian.bugeja is currently offline  ian.bugeja
Is file and printer sharing working on these machines? Are they on the same lan as GFI LanGuard?

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
Re: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #147584 is a reply to message #147575] Mon, 17 February 2020 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
File and printer sharing is working on these machines. But, one of concern, unexpectedly, it wasn't!
They are on the same "LAN", on the same domain but not necessarily on the same subnet. The subnets are inter-accessible and many computers are working fine between them.
Re: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #148069 is a reply to message #147584] Tue, 05 May 2020 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maxrubner is currently offline  maxrubner
Hello Raymondfedbank,

is your Problem solved or identified?

I Have the same Problem, a lot of Clients (most Win 10) working fine, but a few (most Win 7 Pro) are not working with Agents. Manual Scan and patch without Problems, but an Agent scan is infinit and dont report any Result.

Its since an update (new Installation) from Version 12.4 / Server 2008 / standalaone / Client in workgroups / differnet VLANS to Version 12.5 / Server 2016 in Domain / Clients still in Workgroups (not in Domain)and still in different VLANs.

Best Regards
Re: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #149331 is a reply to message #148069] Thu, 28 January 2021 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's been a year and I'm reviewing cases and questions. I see a question here. And, an answer. But no closing remarks. Maybe this is the wrong place for closure?
Re: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #149429 is a reply to message #147545] Wed, 24 February 2021 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maxrubner is currently offline  maxrubner
I have this Problem only with the Windows 7 Clients. Manual Scan and patch are correkt, but the Agents fail scanning the machines (they are starting, but never ending). The Agent diagnostic means, its a firewall Problem with port 1072, but everything is free.

Preparing agent diagnosis...

1. Checking connection with the agent...
Waiting for ping response...
- ping check succeeded.
Checking authentication on agent...
- authentication check succeeded.
Checking connection to agent remote registry...
- registry check succeeded.
2. Checking agent integrity...
Checking agent service status...
- service check succeeded.
3. Checking connection to agent File and Printer Sharing server...
- connection check succeeded.
4. Checking communication from the agent...
Checking communication with GFI LanGuard server on port 1072...
- communication check succeeded.
5. Collecting agent details...
- collecting agent datails succeeded.
6. Importing agent details...
- agent failed to communicate with the GFI LanGuard server on port 1072. Verify that the firewall on the GFI LanGuard server allows incoming connections on port 1072.
GFI LanGuard Agent Diagnostics Report
Agent:
LDS-KI-00047
Timestamp:
24.02.2021 10:59:11

There ist no solution, I think.
Re: Agent Installed - Awaiting first scan - Unresolved [message #149560 is a reply to message #149429] Wed, 31 March 2021 20:26 Go to previous message
bradley.smith is currently offline  bradley.smith
It would be best for you to open a support request with our Customer Support team at GFI LanGuard Customer Support.

There shouldn't be any permission issues since the INTERACTIVE scan from the LanGuard server itself is working. More than likely it is an issue on the AGENT itself with the scanning. My expectation since the scan never finishes but you do see it start is that something is going wrong once the local LanGuard Agent is supposed to take over the scan.

The error message you got about port 1072 is a generic error that the communication took longer than expected and timed out. Several things could cause that. But, once you have the ticket opened with support go ahead and generate for them a set of troubleshooting logs for the LanGuard Agent and it should provide them a better idea of what is going wrong. This article talks about how to Provide Troubleshooter Logs from GFI LanGuard Agent (12 and Later). I would not recommend doing the first step of deleting data as the Agent has its debugmode enabled by default starting in LanGuard 12.5. You should just need to start at the portion where it tells you to generate the log files.

GFI Customer Support Edge Team
Previous Topic: Problems deploying *.batch file to Clients
Next Topic: Old Missing Patches Appearing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 15 18:45:16 CEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03264 seconds