GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » Product Feedback » Kerio Connect Feedback » Moderating Mailing Lists
Moderating Mailing Lists [message #147351] Mon, 06 January 2020 12:35
JSPR is currently offline  JSPR
Hey there,

I partially posted the below to the forums in 2016 - as I got no reply, I'll try again:

I looked around the forum a bit, and it seems there is actually no option to really have the mailng list being "moderated" in the actual sense of the word, i.e. full control over the list membership and current list members. Only posts I found were from 2008 with an addition from 2010, and one from 2013 with a reply referring to the standard 'How-to' post by kerio staff.

So, as far as I understood this now, there is no way that a non-admin who has the moderator role for a mailing list, can actually see the members currently on the list, nor can he actively add or remove members. He could ask an admin to add/remove a certain address, or, even more tedious, ask the person who controls the email address to send a message with the according suffix to the list to subscribe/unsubscribe. What kinda weird 1981 workflow is this supposed to be? This at least makes this feature completely useless as an actively changing distribution list.

Please create a tab in the web interface for users who are moderators of lists to actually moderate lists in a way concurring with the way they'd expect to do these kinda things in the year 2020 - isn't this supposed to be THE FUTURE? =P

Best

JSPR
Previous Topic: Allow admins to set delegation for users
Next Topic: Webmail and sending as text only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Feb 20 03:26:03 CET 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00308 seconds