GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1
Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #145956] Thu, 13 June 2019 21:58 Go to next message
McIrish is currently offline  McIrish
KC 9.2.7 patch 3
Some users got new iPhones with IOS version 12.3.1. When they get an email with an attachment, they see a paperclip to indicate there is an attachment but they can't find the attachment in the email. Is there a fix for this? BTW, they are connecting to KC via activesync.
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #145957 is a reply to message #145956] Thu, 13 June 2019 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another iPhone user (IOS12.3.1) showed me he got an email with an attachment. When he clicked on the attachment, it disappeared. Spooky. I need an answer on this as my boss is being affected by this issue.

plot thickens. If the email with the attachment is Forwarded to someone with IOS12.3.1, the attachment disappears when they try to open it. If I make a new email with the attachment (not forwarded) they can open the attachment.

Someone had to run into this before. What's the solution?

More testing. It doesn't seem limited to 12.3.1. I have another iPhone with 11.4 that does the same thing.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2019 23:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #145961 is a reply to message #145957] Fri, 14 June 2019 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b-tom is currently offline  b-tom
So far, I am not able to reproduce it on iOS 12.3.1 and Apple Mail. *.zip and jpeg attachments show up just fine. Also I tried to forward a couple of emails including 5MB attachments.

What's your attachment size? Are you referring to forwarded attachment, only? Which mail client did the user use e.g. Mail, Outlook? Did you try to rebuild the user account?
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #145966 is a reply to message #145961] Fri, 14 June 2019 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It does appear to only be a forwarded attachment. In this case, it is a PDF file. It's only 2MB, so size is not the issue. I can take the particular email and forward it to multiple people with various phones. The iPhone users see a paperclip to show that it has an attachment, yet either they don't see it, or if they click on it, it disappears. Very strange. All Android users see the attachment and can open it. I do notice in Outlook 2016 on a PC that while I can see and open the attachment, there is an envelope icon for the message but it does not show the paperclip, indicating there is an attachment. I know that sounds very odd, and it is. I'm wondering if the original sender of the email attached the PDF in some other way than normal. I wasn't aware that an attachment could be connected in an email other that embedding it or a simple attached file. So, I'm pretty stumped.
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #145980 is a reply to message #145966] Mon, 17 June 2019 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, really strange. Sounds like a file corruption issue. Usually the paperclip icon disappears once the file has been downloaded completely.

• Try to forward a different attachment e.g. images, word, pdf files.
  • Did you try to open those emails on the iPhone while connected to WIFI?
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #145987 is a reply to message #145980] Mon, 17 June 2019 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried it every which way. I've kind of given up on it. I will chalk it up to some odd iPhone mail app issue as I don't see the problem on any other device or app. If I load Outlook onto the iPhone, it opens fine. It's strictly the IOS mail app that has this issue.
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #146002 is a reply to message #145987] Wed, 19 June 2019 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you try to send and forward a message including a attachment from KC Webmail to the iPhone? Does it show up? We are running around 100x iOS devices with the built-in mail client. I never seen issue like that with attachments.

Did you try to force the iOS Mail to close when attachment issue occurs? Double-click the Home button > Select mail > Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. Try again
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #146004 is a reply to message #146002] Wed, 19 June 2019 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I create an email with an attachment and send it to an iPhone, it works fine. The problem was on a specific forwarded email that had an attachment. I'm not sure if the original email had something wrong with it. I believe it originated from a computer and then forwarded by someone with an iPhone. The next iPhone recipient is the one who could not see the attachment. maybe its something odd about how the iPhone forwarded it. It's a total mystery. I saw it happen and could repeat it (with the forwarded email) but I have no way of involving the original sender or the first iPhone user (who forwarded the email) into my diagnostics.
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #146007 is a reply to message #146004] Wed, 19 June 2019 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JeriMind is currently offline  JeriMind
i have the same problem...
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #146013 is a reply to message #146007] Thu, 20 June 2019 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JeriMind,
What version are you running? Any details you can give?
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #146036 is a reply to message #145956] Sun, 23 June 2019 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it's a Windows Outlook specific issue using HTML text format. Outlook generates terrible markup when forwarding messages back-and-forth between different mail clients. Somehow your attachments are messed up with too many quote levels. I am not denying that could be bug.

Try forwarding your message + attachment using plain text format. Try forwarding your message + attachment from KC Webmail or non Microsoft mail clients to narrow things down.
Re: Attachments not showing in IOS 12.3.1 [message #146055 is a reply to message #145956] Mon, 24 June 2019 18:45 Go to previous message
In my case, I don't believe any of the forwarders were on a PC. Possibly, the original email was sent on a PC, but it was forwarded from an iPhone to another iPhone. The recipient of the forwarded email was on an iPhone and could not view the attachment, but could see it in web mail and outlook on a PC. Very odd. Unfortunately, I can't research it further with the original people involved.
Previous Topic: Office 2019 Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 02:24:53 CEST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03004 seconds