GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot add directory service users to local Kerio groups (Cannot add directory service users to local Kerio groups)
Cannot add directory service users to local Kerio groups [message #145168] Fri, 01 March 2019 14:14 Go to next message
Greaser is currently offline  Greaser
Hello there,

I hope somebody will be able to lead me in the right direction.
Our company uses Kerio Connect 9.2.7 patch 3 (4225).
All our Kerio users are created as local users and therefore it is not a problem to add them as members to local groups.
Well, almost all our users... However, two users were accidentally created as directory service users and therefore they cannot be added to local groups.
Now I'm looking for the easiest solution in order to either convert these two directory service users to local ones or finding another way in order to be able to add them to our existing local groups.
I hope it's understandable what I mean Smile

Any idea is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Michael
Re: Cannot add directory service users to local Kerio groups [message #145194 is a reply to message #145168] Tue, 05 March 2019 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bud Durland is currently offline  Bud Durland
You should be able to delete the directory service users. When deleting, DO NOT select the option to remove their messages. Then recreate a local user with the exact same user name. The new account should find the existing messages and calendars. To be on the safe side, I would login to web mail as the new user account, before connecting with any other client.
Re: Cannot add directory service users to local Kerio groups [message #145196 is a reply to message #145194] Tue, 05 March 2019 19:33 Go to previous message
Greaser is currently offline  Greaser
This worked out perfectly! Thank you very much, Bud!

Kind regards
Michael
Previous Topic: too many simultaneous connections
Next Topic: missing mails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 16 01:39:38 CET 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04649 seconds