GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Timestamp outgoing emails
Timestamp outgoing emails [message #132713] Mon, 07 November 2016 19:36 Go to next message
TomS64 is currently offline  TomS64
Hi.

I notice that when I'm sent an email in my outlook (for mac 2011) the timestamp on the email in the sent folder is 1 hour earlier than the actual time. Maybe related to summer/winter time?
If I do the same on iPhone (ios10) timestamp is correct.
The time on all devices are same. Kerio version is (9.1.1).

It is not a big problem more like a why Wink

/Tom
Re: Timestamp outgoing emails [message #132720 is a reply to message #132713] Tue, 08 November 2016 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carconnex is currently offline  Carconnex
Outlook in mac caches the time. Unlinke in windows where it checks the system time.
Force quit your outlook. After restarting the mail client it should pick up the correct time.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2016 09:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Timestamp outgoing emails [message #132767 is a reply to message #132713] Wed, 09 November 2016 19:18 Go to previous message
j.a.duke is currently offline  j.a.duke
TomS64 wrote on Mon, 07 November 2016 13:36
Hi.

I notice that when I'm sent an email in my outlook (for mac 2011) the timestamp on the email in the sent folder is 1 hour earlier than the actual time. Maybe related to summer/winter time?
If I do the same on iPhone (ios10) timestamp is correct.
The time on all devices are same. Kerio version is (9.1.1).

It is not a big problem more like a why Wink

/Tom

To provide a little more detail, this bug has been around since Outlook Express for the "classic" Mac OS. Microsoft hasn't seen fit to have its client software use the system time.

Happens every time we switch to/from Daylight Savings Time.

You shouldn't need to force quit the client-a regular quit should work fine and lessen the chance that you'll do something bad to the database.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Restoring Trash Folder from backup
Next Topic: Error Log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 02 11:40:44 CEST 2023

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03469 seconds