GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delete attachments after set a period of time. (Is it possible to delete certain attachments after a set period of time)
Delete attachments after set a period of time. [message #131955] Fri, 23 September 2016 19:20 Go to next message
nohelp is currently offline  nohelp
I'd like to know if it's possible to delete attachments for emails after a set amount of time. For instance say we have a .doc file that we would like to remove from everyones email after a year. We would like to keep the text of the email just not the attachment. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2016 19:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Delete attachments after set a period of time. [message #131979 is a reply to message #131955] Mon, 26 September 2016 14:13 Go to previous message
Maerad is currently offline  Maerad
Kerio can't do that. Also I wouldn't recommend something like that, because as company you usually need to archive the important communication for some years. Imagine you need some stuff 5 years later and it's in the attachment, not the mail itself... bad.

Instead of deleting the attachments of something like that, archive them with an external tool like mailstore or buy some bigger hard disks. I mean even 600GB SAS 15k are nowhere expensive today.

Also - if you have microsoft server 2012 at least - try to dedup kerio - that can save a fuckload of space.
Previous Topic: Disable shared calendar invites?
Next Topic: Kerio has more active users than mailboxes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Mar 22 04:54:28 CET 2023

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01609 seconds