GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Control » VPN Client Access in China?
VPN Client Access in China? [message #125123] Wed, 21 October 2015 03:38 Go to next message
tbridge is currently offline  tbridge
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with the Kerio VPN Client for traveling staff in China? Does it survive The Great Firewall?

Best,
Tom
Re: VPN Client Access in China? [message #125198 is a reply to message #125123] Thu, 22 October 2015 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksnyder
Not 100% sure. It would be great if anyone in the forum community has traveled to China within the last 30-days and can chime in to share their experience. It seems that the Chinese government is cracking down very heavily on VPN usage as a means to access foreign websites and services.

See TechCrunch article from last month: http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/07/china-continues-its-crackdo wn-on-vpn-services/

Ken Snyder
Re: VPN Client Access in China? [message #125661 is a reply to message #125198] Fri, 13 November 2015 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PWLJim is currently offline  PWLJim
We have had a really hard time using our office VPN to connect back to our Canada office servers from our China office over the standard public internet. You can deal with this if you have enough money to buy a circuit that off the Chinese public internet, but it's not practical for most small businesses. I've heard that some of the services like TeamViewer might work better, but have not tried them. We just want to be able to do what we do in/from other countries with the tools we have in place. Sorry I can't be more help. but I thought I'd share that you are not alone.

Re: VPN Client Access in China? [message #125678 is a reply to message #125198] Fri, 13 November 2015 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pym is currently offline  pym
Yes, VPN it work from china to Canada

every city I travel at China it works
Re: VPN Client Access in China? [message #125687 is a reply to message #125678] Fri, 13 November 2015 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ictandme is currently offline  ictandme

As far I know is IPsec and Kerio's own VPN possible.
I do business with a company in China and we have used VPN connection.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.com
Re: VPN Client Access in China? [message #125697 is a reply to message #125123] Sat, 14 November 2015 22:14 Go to previous message
KCAP is currently offline  KCAP
We use the kerio vpn tunnel everyday, there is a kerio-vpn between our office in china and europe.
The kerio client is also used regular to connect from a laptop traveling in china to our office, this is still working.
Till now this vpn is working, some other connections will fail after some time when the great firewall gets its hands on it...

Teun
KCAP [NL]

[Updated on: Sat, 14 November 2015 22:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: VPN Server behind Kerio
Next Topic: Hyper-V ISO-Setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 08 15:33:02 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02759 seconds