GFI Software Aurea SMB Solutions

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Switching from domain wide to global wide public folders
Switching from domain wide to global wide public folders [message #144777] Fri, 11 January 2019 11:55 Go to next message
Spacey is currently offline  Spacey
Hi!
Actually we're using still domain wide public folders but we want to switch. So I took a look at the documentation here:

https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-conf iguration/how-to-change-from-individual-public-folders-to-gl obal-public-folders-and-keep-your-existing-public-folder-dat a-720.html?cshid=720

I did exactly (not very difficult) but it doesn't work. I tried it on our new debian linux machine and even copied the 3 hidden .journal* files without success. The "old" domain wide public folders do not pop up with the new setting after restarting.

Ideas?

Thx!
Re: Switching from domain wide to global wide public folders [message #144781 is a reply to message #144777] Sat, 12 January 2019 17:13 Go to previous message
Spacey is currently offline  Spacey
New status: I guess I've got another problem -> I recovered a backup from a Mac server to a Linux machine. And here are the domain wide public folders empty. It seems that all the directories exist but nearly no content. Domain wide public folders should have 25GB but only got 100MB or something like this. So the procedure in general seems to work BUT no idea why the recovered backup doesn't contain the public folder data. I can recover the backup to another MacOS where everything is fine as well. Now I'm worried a but when moving to Linux that I might miss some data after the migration.
Previous Topic: Recreate user?
Next Topic: KOffRtfWrapper openen 10+ times
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Mar 24 16:42:41 CET 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03353 seconds