GFI Software

Welcome to the GFI Software community forum! For support please open a ticket from https://support.gfi.com.

Home » GFI User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files (Size of KOFF Cache)
Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #111810] Wed, 19 March 2014 13:01 Go to next message
ChempIno is currently offline  ChempIno
[img]./fa/3369/0/[/img]Hello,

i have a problem with the size of Kerio Outlook Connector Offline cache.
The size of the cache files is much more than the users e-mail size on the server.
Users e-mail on server: 2.1 GB
Kerio Connector Offline cache: ~60 GB
The size of the cach files is growing till the HD is full! About 40GB per month.

I have this problem with 2 users. I already cleared the cache and do a resync.
I already did a new install of the Kerio Outlook Offline Connector but that didn't
solve the problem, after a few weeks the harddisk is full again. The other 140 clients
works fine.

Kerio Connect 8.2.1
Server: CentOS 5.x
Client: Windows 7 64bit, MS Outlook 2007
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #111847 is a reply to message #111810] Thu, 20 March 2014 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio) is currently offline  Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)
Hi Christian,

Please try the following:

(1) Stop Kerio Connect service on the server, close your Outlook on the workstation.

(2) Locate user's folder in the store (for example C:\Program Files\Kerio\Connect\store\mail\DOMAIN.COM\USER\).

(3) Rename '__keriomapi__STORE' to '__keriomapi__STORE_old'

(5) Start the Kerio Connect service.

(6) On the workstation, go to Control Panel in your OS - Mail (32-bit) - E-mail Accounts... - Change... - Maintenance and press the [Empty] button.

(7) Start your Outlook and let it sync from the scratch.

Let me know if it helps.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #111873 is a reply to message #111847] Fri, 21 March 2014 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jonas,

thank you for the quick response.
Yesterday i have done the steps that you told me for the server and client.
I'll watch the size of the cache files in the next few days and report the result here.
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #111929 is a reply to message #111810] Mon, 24 March 2014 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio) is currently offline  Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)
Your welcome.

Let us know how you go.

All the best,

Jonas

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112010 is a reply to message #111929] Wed, 26 March 2014 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jonas,

so after a few days i must say that the problem is not solved.
After 5 days the file size has grown up to 26GB again (Screenshot).
What else can i do to solve this problem?

Christian
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112039 is a reply to message #112010] Wed, 26 March 2014 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarkK is currently offline  MarkK
What version of Kerio Connect and the KOFF are you running? Are there large attachments to the emails?

I believe starting with v8, KOFF doesn't download attachments in to the cache that are over 6 months old, or something like that to help control the size of the local cache files. My 12GB mail store on the server is less than 4GB in the local cache. Running Connect v8.1.2.
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112044 is a reply to message #112039] Thu, 27 March 2014 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,

i'm running Kerio Connect 8.2.1
The size of the users mail store on the server is only 2.3GB
but the local cache size on the PC is 26GB and growing.
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112074 is a reply to message #112044] Fri, 28 March 2014 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Dostal (Kerio) is currently offline  Pavel Dostal (Kerio)
Hi

Try to use dbbackup utility installed with KOFF. It allows shrinking KOFF databases by removing most of the unused space. Run it from the command line by the command "dbbackup s <profile name>".
It can take some time (tens of minutes with large mailboxes) and KOFF mustn't be used during the operation, so I recommend to run in the evening when the user goes home.

Please write back if the utility was able to shrink the database to the reasonable size.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112079 is a reply to message #111810] Fri, 28 March 2014 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndreasL is currently offline  AndreasL
only an idea: use the user shared folders from other users? Could this be the source of the big local cache files?
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112637 is a reply to message #112074] Tue, 15 April 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

sorry for my late answer, but the user who had that
problem was not in the office for the last two weeks.

He reported to me yesterday that since the update to
kerio connect 8.2.3 (and deleting the offline cache)
the problem is solved.

Now he has 2 files with in summary 400 MByte space and
not growing.

So for now the problem is solved for me. I'll report here
if the status should change.

Thanks
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #112639 is a reply to message #111810] Tue, 15 April 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarkK is currently offline  MarkK
Great, Except That With Version 8.2.3, You HaVe The Heartbleed Vulnerability. YoU Need To Upgrade To 8.2.4.
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #116589 is a reply to message #112639] Thu, 09 October 2014 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mwd is currently offline  mwd
Is anyone else having this issue? Kerio 8.3.2 and I'm getting massive fdb files even though the users mailbox is small.

I've rebuild the file in the past but that doesn't really solve the problem as it keeps growing. e.g 60gb for a 9gb mailbox!
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #116590 is a reply to message #116589] Thu, 09 October 2014 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Dostal (Kerio) is currently offline  Pavel Dostal (Kerio)
Sorry, I need to ask before trying to find the reason why is your local storage so huge. Are you sure that it is your mailbox that takes those 60gb? There is separate fdb file for every mailbox you are connecting to. There is one file for public folders and there is one file for every attached shared mailbox. Maybe some of other mailboxes is really so huge.

If you can confirm that the size of your local storage is not caused by attaching to some huge mailbox (or huge public folders), can you try dbbackup utility to shrink the database (I described the usage in some post in this forum thread)? What is the size of the fdb file after the shrinking?

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Re: Kerio Outlook Connector Size of .FDB Cache Files [message #137275 is a reply to message #111810] Wed, 11 October 2017 16:04 Go to previous message
DarkSkorpion is currently offline  DarkSkorpion
Hello everybody,

i tried to to perform this job for each of our AD-Users by logoff from the pc.
Without success. Crying or Very Sad
A batch-script start the job and open this one in a new window.
So user must press an a button to finish the logoff-Procedure. Thats sad.

So i created a Powershell-Script (.ps1) with following lines:

$p = [Diagnostics.Process]::Start("DBBackup.exe", "s profile-name")
$p.WaitForExit()

You can take the GPO-Logoff-Script and to use this ps1 at option "PowerShell-Scripts".
So it will perform this job without any user interaction at this Logoff-Procedure.

I hope this will help another admins!

Best wishes!
Previous Topic: 9.2.5 - STATUS ?
Next Topic: Sophos update doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 27 04:19:36 CEST 2022

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10072 seconds