Remote Active Directory mode?

FlyboyData

• Total Posts : 1
Remote Active Directory mode? Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:35 PM (permalink)
Hi,

I'm trying to get remote Active Directory mode working on our Exchange 2010 edge servers.  They are not domain joined and are running Windows Server 2008 r2.  We're using version 20.2 with the latest updates.

I started by uninstalling GFI MailEssentials, zapping the registry entry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow3264Node\GFI, and reinstalling. and specified Remote Active Directory mode.  I specified a domain controller on our network, and the appropriate credentials, and the installer seemed happy.  We have a working spam/malware filter, however it cannot be administered (it can if I go into the GFI Switchboard, and switch the UI mode to "local" ).  If I go to the Remote Directory tab, and hit the Test button with the server/credentials I supplied, we get a popup that says "The Remote Directory settings passed the test."

I can log in with one account: Administrator (same password as local administrator account on the edge server), but that account doesn't even have administrative privileges inside MailEssentials for some reason.  If I try a domain account (e.g. domain\user, or , I even tried ), we very consistently get "Username, password or domain is incorrect!"  Looking at the system event logs, we get an event 4625 in the security logs, and it shows "username: domain\user" "domain: " (blank!).  It doesn't matter if I connect over a remote desktop console or via IIS on the LAN, same result.

Anyone know how to get this working?

AllenD

• Total Posts : 175
    Re:Remote Active Directory mode? Thursday, May 04, 2017 9:02 PM (permalink)
    If this is still an issue, please open a case with the support team by logging into accounts.gfi.com and using the Support option.
    Allen D.
    GFI Software
    Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages