Special Characters in Advanced and Raw Searches

adamhubble

• Total Posts : 4
Special Characters in Advanced and Raw Searches Tuesday, January 03, 2017 8:58 PM (permalink)
I'm trying to conduct a search for emails which contain an IP address in the body, so something like "192.168.123.45", but am getting no results on emails I know to exist in the archives I am searching.

I initially tried just a straight search of 192.168.123.45 and got nothing. Likewise, using the Advanced Search to search for a string (using ? as a single character wild-card, or even crazy things like \. to escape the .'s in the IP address) bring up nothing, or incorrect results that do not contain some emails I am expecting to match (I can find these emails via other searches, so they are in the archive and index just fine I assume).

Is there something I am missing when trying to include a non-alpha-numeric character in a search? And am I totally missing something about the ? as a single character wild-card in a search?

Thanks in advance for any help and info.

ianb

• Total Posts : 895
    Re:Special Characters in Advanced and Raw Searches Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:04 PM (permalink)
    Hi
    For low level searching you can refer to http://www.gfi.com/suppor...fi-archiver/KBID003253
    Please note that the Ip address could potentially be broken on the . denoting a word delimiter depending on your language and region. It can be easy as searching 192 AND 168 ...

Regards
    Ian Bugeja
    GFI Software
    Blog-Twitter-YouTube-Facebook

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages