Archiver Databases frequently go to a "RECOVERING" state in SQL Server

matthewkilman

• Total Posts : 3
Archiver Databases frequently go to a "RECOVERING" state in SQL Server Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:21 PM (permalink)
I have a process that periodically reports to me the status of all of our servers several times a day.  We have GFI Archiver installed for quite some time now and I frequently (several times a month) see random archive databases go in to a "RECOVERING" state.

This is an installation using MS SQL Express.  I am solely responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the servers and can say without a doubt that there have not been an updates or reboots that correspond to any of these instances.  For example, my 3 PM report just came in and at some point between 11 AM and 3 PM, one of the archive databases went in to a "RECOVERING" mode.

In reference to this most recent incident.  The total size of the MDF is 1 GB and the LDF is 100 MB.  The associated subfolder is 192 KB.  finally, the server itself has 56 GB free on the OS drive and 96 GB free on the database drive (obviously where the databases are stored).  Also, this is running on a dedicate Windows 2012 R2 server.

What am I missing?  I can't imagine I am the only one experiencing this, I'd just be willing to bet I am one of the few who actually notices thanks to my server monitoring processes.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message