Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail

tim.frodermann

• Total Posts : 25
Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Thursday, October 06, 2016 7:47 AM (permalink)
Hello,

I think I found a bug in at least the latest Mailessentials Build.
When sending Mail from the builtin iPhone Mail-App through the exchange server (Active Sync) and there is at least one jpg-File (shot from the very iPhone) attached, the mails are moved to EmailSecurity\FailedMails and don't even show up in the dashboard log.

I tried to log an incident with GFI (Through the "GFI Log Collector / Troubleshooter") last week but didn't receive a confirmation e-mail about the creation of the incident yet. Sigh...

Just to confirm: Anybody else out there who sees this bug, too?

Bye,
Tim

AllenD

• Total Posts : 195
    Re:Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Thursday, October 06, 2016 7:05 PM (permalink)
    Please open a case with the support team through customers.gfi.com.  While I haven't heard of this specific problem, they should be able to assist you.  Without more detail my first thought would be to check the size of the email with the attachment.  MailEssentials defaults to only allowing 10MB per email. If this is the case, you can follow the steps from the link below to resolve this:
    http://www.gfi.com/suppor...ity-FailedMails-folder
    Allen D.
    GFI Software
    Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

tim.frodermann

• Total Posts : 25
      Re:Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Friday, October 07, 2016 7:16 AM (permalink)
      Hi Allen,

i thought I had already taken steps to open a support case, but I'm a bit confused about how to at the moment.

At customers.gfi.com I was given two support contacts: One of them is myself (I open this support case for a customer of mine) and the other one is the software distributor we buy gfi licenses for our customers from.

The support contact form that i used in the last years is nowhere to be found.

I called the german support number and asked about the contact form (because in my opinion it is 100% more effective to create a case in written form) and was told i should create the case via the gfi troubleshooter. Since last week I have created two cases via the troubleshooter, the result was shown as "succeeded" but I have never received a confirmation mail.

There has to be a way of creating a support case and contact you in written form and upload logfiles.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Danm

• Total Posts : 124
        Re:Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Friday, October 07, 2016 1:02 PM (permalink)
        Yes!  I've seen this issue as well.  But there's also a bug with sending email attachments from outlook 2016.  It will corrupt the attachment so the recipient cannot open the file.  I know they are working on a fix for this specific issue.  Perhaps this fix will also fix the iPhone issue.  The funny thing is, I upgraded to 20.1 from a 2014 version.  The 2014 version had no such issues with outlook 2016 or iPhone issues.  Unbelievable!

natuccs

• Total Posts : 2
          Re:Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Friday, July 07, 2017 5:08 PM (permalink)
          We have the same problem. We are on ME 2015. I don't want to upgrade to 20.x yet because I am afraid that it will break other things. Right now we just have problem with Viper update and failed mails and I can work around it until our subscription expired. Is there a way to resubmit the failed email bypass GFI AV scan?
          Thanks in advance,
          Natu

AllenD

• Total Posts : 195
            Re:Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Monday, July 10, 2017 5:53 PM (permalink)
            The only way would be to disable the AV engines and resubmit the email using the instructions from the link blow:
            https://www.gfi.com/suppo...lessentials/KBID003263
            Allen D.
            GFI Software
            Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

natuccs

• Total Posts : 2
              Re:Possible Bug: Mails from iPhone Mail-App with jpg-Attachment fail Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:03 PM (permalink)
              AllenD

The only way would be to disable the AV engines and resubmit the email using the instructions from the link blow:

Thank you for your reply but I don't want to take a chance.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message