Missing patches scan; The system cannot find the file specified

Yanivle

• Total Posts : 1
Missing patches scan; The system cannot find the file specified Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:00 PM (permalink)
Hi,

i am trying to scan few 2012 r2 servers, i am getting an error The system cannot find the file specified.

any idea how to troublesfhoot this issue??

thanks

wruiz

• Total Posts : 84
    Re:Missing patches scan; The system cannot find the file specified Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:50 PM (permalink)
    Hello Yanivle,

Make sure you have all the latest program updates via Configuration > Program Updates in the console.  Verify scanner exclusions for LanGuard on the LanGuard server and clients.  For the LanGuard server and targets with the agent installed you will need entries for

C:\Programdata\GFI\LanGuard 12\    
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\LanGuard 12\
    C:\Windows\Patches\

If you are utilizing interactive scans on the target systems (scans via scan tab or configuration > scheduled scans) then you will just need C:\Windows\Patches excluded on the target.  If none of this helps then please make a ticket with support. 

vickycas

• Total Posts : 1
      Re:Missing patches scan; The system cannot find the file specified Wednesday, November 02, 2016 6:46 PM (permalink)
      Hi, where can I exclude this folder ?

acrabtree

• Total Posts : 7
        Re:Missing patches scan; The system cannot find the file specified Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:04 PM (permalink)
        I am getting this error as well.  I have excluded the Trend Micro Real-time scan from scanning the folders, however I still am receiving the errors only on Windows 2012 R2 servers.  Other servers appear to be OK.  I have a case in with support to attempt to determine the cause of this issue.  Have tried several options based on information from support, however still no resolution yet.  I really need to get this working as soon as possible as MOST of our machines are Windows 2012 R2.

acrabtree

• Total Posts : 7
          Re:Missing patches scan; The system cannot find the file specified Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:17 PM (permalink)
          Well, I had a ticket with GFI support and finally resolved the issue.  Our Windows 2012 R2 Gold image had an older "Microsoft Silverlight" installed with version 5.1.30514.0.  Languard apparently has an issue with this version of Silverlight.  Just uninstall the "bad" Silverlight version on the target server and re-scan.  If you need Silverlight, then just install the latest version and VIOLA!  All of my Windows 2012 R2 servers are completely working!  Just thought that others may want to know a reason why their Windows 2012 R2 servers get the error when scanning with "The system cannot find the file specified" when scanning a Windows 2012 R2 machine with Languard.    I am so happy to have found this solution as it is something I would have never figured out without the help of the GFI support team !  THANK YOU!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message