Migrate MA to another server/database

acantus

• Total Posts : 23
Migrate MA to another server/database Monday, December 08, 2014 11:11 AM (permalink)
We have MA configured in the past in combination Firebird+FS for old archives on server GFI01 (Windows 2003 Server). The files also reside on this server. A couple of years ago, we started the combination of SQL-server+FS (The files are still on GFI01), the SQL-server is SQL02 (Windows 2003 Server+MS SQL Server 2005). We would like to migrate both servers to Windows Server 2012R2, with SQL Server 2014. How should we do this?

During the migration, we also want to skip some very old archives, which we don't want anymore.

Gerrit

nbittmann

• Total Posts : 24
    Re:Migrate MA to another server/database Tuesday, December 09, 2014 5:11 PM (permalink)
    Hi Gerrit,

Please have a look at the following two articles I believe these will solve your problem!
    Is it possible to move GFI MailArchiver to a new server? http://kb.gfi.com/article...ortHome&popup=true

How to move, migrate, merge and split up Archive Stores http://kb.gfi.com/article...ortHome&popup=true

acantus

• Total Posts : 23
      Re:Migrate MA to another server/database Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:38 AM (permalink)
      If I don't want to migrate an old store Firebird+FS, should I delete the folders .../binary/[storename], .../databases/[storename] and .../indexes/[storename], after detaching them within MailArchiver. Is this sufficient?

Gerrit

conradA

• Total Posts : 21
        Re:Migrate MA to another server/database Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:06 PM (permalink)
        Hi Gerrit,

If you delete the Binary folder, you would be permanently deleting the Archive Store for that period. The emails in that Archive store would be lost and no longer archived.
        Conrad Azzopardi
        GFI Software
        Blog-Twitter-YouTube-Facebook

YingYang

• Total Posts : 38
          Re:Migrate MA to another server/database Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:25 PM (permalink)
          Hi,

I'll move GFI Archiver to a new server (old server 32bit, new server 64bit). I followed the instructions given in KB Article "Is it possible to move GFI Archiver to a new server?"

One question concerning article step 5 (installation folder): Do I really have to copy the files to the same directory on the new server (C:\Program Files (x86)[/style]\GFI\MailArchiver) or to C:\Program Files\GFI\Archiver (64bit)?

Another question: I also moved the databases to a new SQL Server Express 2017 on the new server (followed instruction KB https://www.gfi.com/suppo...QL-Server-to-another).

Do I have to backup and restore only the Mail Archiver databases or also the MASTER, MODEL and MSDB databases[/style]?  

Thank You in advance for help...
          Joe

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages