BitDefender failed completely

wstahn

• Total Posts : 182
BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:36 AM (permalink)
... since a hour or so, BitDefender puts all incoming mails into "Failed Mails" folder. Had to disable BitDefender...

Anyone else?

Regards
Wolfgang
<message edited by wstahn on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:38 AM>

Dubindee

• Total Posts : 37
    Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:41 AM (permalink)
    Same here. Failed [VSE] .... sux.

cheers,
    Dirk

JKNT

• Total Posts : 9
      Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:15 AM (permalink)
      Same here. I have to disable email security completly :-(

shudson

• Total Posts : 81
        Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:18 AM (permalink)
        Yep,
        Same here failed at 7:55 (BST) this morning, seconds after a Bitdefender update.
        Tried all sorts of Automatic and Manual updates, but as soon as you enable Bitdefender [Failed VSE] appears for all emails
        I've raised a support ticket.
        Stephen

PHundhausen

• Total Posts : 21
          Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:25 PM (permalink)
          Same here, even a "force full update" didn't change anything

Jelle

• Total Posts : 94
            Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:07 PM (permalink)
            Same issue. Avira still works.
            Another problem while having heavy problems with new version 21

Update: It works again. Activated Bitdefender and mails are being processed.
            <message edited by Jelle on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:33 PM>
            GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP 21 (20171003) on Exchange 2010
            GFI MailArchiver 2012 (20120928) with FireBird
            GFI EventsManager 2013 13.1.0 (20130606)

JKNT

• Total Posts : 9
              Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:48 PM (permalink)
              They call it: "Temporary performance issues with GFI MailEssentials 

It has come to our attention that some of our GFI MailEssentials users may have experienced disruption to their email service due to a Bitdefender Antivirus issue. Our team has been in contact with Bitdefender and has since resolved the issue.

If you or your customers have temporarily disabled Bitdefender, please re-enable it and your email service will resume. If you continue to experience any problems, follow this guide to manually update Bitdefender definitions.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact your local GFI channel account manager or log into accounts.gfi.com.

As a GFI partner you are receiving advance notice of this communication. We would like to sincerely apologize for this issue and any disruption this may have caused you.

The GFI Software Team

svirfnebli

• Total Posts : 15
                Re:BitDefender failed completely Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:19 PM (permalink)
                Happened to me this morning and dumped thousands of messages in my failed mail folder. Luckily I have a script file to reprocess the emails but it made matters worse

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\FailedMails
                ren *.txt *.eml
                pause
                del *.prop
                pause
                move "C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\EmailSecurity\FailedMails\*.eml" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Replay\"
                pause

Problem is for the duration of the module failure, GFI wasn't processing with the directory harvesting module, meaning 95% of the messages in failed mail were a backscatter attack. Once I moved the messages to the replay folder my queue was suddenly full of failed messages that were trying to NDR for "No such user". I had to spend the next hour and a half manually deleting messages from the queue hoping that I don't end up on a black list. It puts me between a rock and a hard place because If I don't reprocess the email the end-users are upset that they didnt receive their email, and if I re-process it I can end up on a black list and then my users cant send mail. grrr.

I'm starting to think that Mailessentials has a systemic flaw in it hand off of messages from ES to AS. The ES system fails so regularly (sometimes daily) that it really needs an user selectable option that says "If VSE fails, Pass message unfiltered to Anti-Spam Engine".

Katy

• Total Posts : 14
                  Re:BitDefender failed completely Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:55 AM (permalink)
                  BitDefender continues to fail updates.  Have a ticket open, received an email a few hours ago that the problem was resolved....but its still not working.

svirfnebli

Re:BitDefender failed completely Thursday, October 19, 2017 1:15 AM (permalink)
                    I had to disable the module, and restart the services. If I remember right I had to force close the virus scanning service through ctrl-alt-delete

Katy

• Total Posts : 14
                      Re:BitDefender failed completely Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:20 PM (permalink)
                      Multiple updates failing to download today: Email Exploit, Anti-Phishing, BitDefender, VIPER

Dubindee

• Total Posts : 37
                        Re:BitDefender failed completely Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:39 PM (permalink)
                        Same here: 502 and 504 ... we will evaluate alternatives to GFI now ....

svirfnebli

Re:BitDefender failed completely Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:29 PM (permalink)
                          This update from 20 to 21 is the worst roll out of software I have ever seen from a company. I was a happy gfi customer for 15 years but this has left a REALLY sour taste in my mouth. If they dont get it right in the next week I'll not renew the annual license and switch to another company.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message