How to Uninstall FM 2015 when Can't use ctrl panel & uninstall file location missing

CeeDeeTech

• Total Posts : 4
How to Uninstall FM 2015 when Can't use ctrl panel & uninstall file location missing Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:15 PM (permalink)
Hi, 
I'm trying to Uninstall GFI FaxMaker 2015 Version 18.0 but the catch is that when I try to uninstall via Programs/Features in the control panel, I get an error message saying it can't find the uninstall file location. I've navigated to where the uninstall file should be according the the message, but the folder/file does not exist.  This appears to have happened after it was upgraded from GFI 2013 to GFI 2015, but this was in May of 2016 and we are just finding out about it. The fax server is performing fine, but when we have to upgrade again, I won't be able to uninstall FaxMaker.
 I thought I could build a test vm and try to see if it would at least get to the point of an uninstall file, but that didn't work.

If I go into the registry and delete EVERYTHING with GFI FaxMaker, will I create a bigger problem with trying to get FaxMaker off the machine? (Yes I will back up the registry before i do this.)

I've already contacted GFI Customer Support, but that seems useless with the suggestion they offered. For example, they told me to go into the control panel and remove it. Obviously they did not read what I put in the ticket when I told them I could not Uninstall from the control panel. 
Thank you,
CeeDeeTech

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages