Update ME 2014 to ME 20: no antivirus-updates

digiCon

• Total Posts : 2
Update ME 2014 to ME 20: no antivirus-updates Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:15 AM (permalink)
Hello IT professionals,

after update to me 20, the update of the BitDefender, Vipre, Trojan & Executable and Email Exploit-Engine files fail. Nothing of the suggestions below helped. So my question is:

How can I fix the error: Error details: No plugins registered under the specified ID

Thanks in advance, Peter

Here is the complete error-message of the Windows-GFI-eventlog during BitDefender, Vipre, etc... update:

GFI MailEssentials - Failed to update local BitDefender Anti-Virus engine files. The BitDefender Anti-Virus update files have been successfully downloaded. However, an error occurred while updating the local engine files.   If this issue persists, do one of the following:   1. Ensure that the GFI MailEssentials folders are excluded from scanning through the anti-virus software. 2. Restart the GFI MailEssentials AV Scan Engine service. This also restarts the GFI MailEssentials Autoupdater service. 3. Try to force a manual update by clicking the "Download Updates" button on the "BitDefender Anti-Virus Updates" tab.   4. If the folders are excluded and a restart of the service does not work, follow the instructions in the following article to perform a manual update:   Date: 19.03.2017 09:59:43 Server: xyz Error details: No plugins registered under the specified ID

AllenD

• Total Posts : 175
    Re:Update ME 2014 to ME 20: no antivirus-updates Thursday, May 04, 2017 9:11 PM (permalink)
    If this is still an issue, please open a support case at accounts.gfi.com and a tech can assist you with this.
    Allen D.
    GFI Software
    Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

AllenD

• Total Posts : 175
      Re:Update ME 2014 to ME 20: no antivirus-updates Thursday, May 04, 2017 9:11 PM (permalink)
      If this is still an issue, please open a support case at accounts.gfi.com and a tech can assist you with this.
      Allen D.
      GFI Software
      Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages