- Joined: 2/6/2017
Personal Whitelist failure and Mailessential evolving into a bug ridden mess
Monday, February 06, 2017 7:03 PM
I've been using GFI Mailessentials for several years now with Exchange 2003 and now with Exchange 2010. The personal whitelist has never worked as it should. There are numerous occasions where I have to add a domain or email address to the main whitelist as the personal white list doesn't let the email through.
I have checked after a user adds to their personal whitelist and sender domains and sender address are getting added. When I check on the dashboard it shows the personal whitelist processing emails for correctly for some sender addresses but not others. In fact I found one email that was marked spam in the header yet the email doesn't show up in the dashboard as even being processed.
I have been having the failing update issues going on for 3 months now. I updated to 20.2 hoping that the personal whitelist issue would be fixed along with the update issue. No on both aspects. Oh yeah, I upgraded on a Friday night. It hosed my install. Of course I immediately filed a ticket (had to dig to find how) but received no response till Sunday night and didn't get it resolve until Monday night.
In fact I have a new issue where the keyword checking pulls out the letters c*m in the word "document" and marks the email as spam. I just removed the keyword from the list, but come what sloppy parsing.
I see that GFI has purchased Kerio and having been in IT for 20 years I am going to hazard a guess that things are only going to get worse. Maybe they will regurgitate it as they did Vipre (which works very well thanks).
Don't even get me started on LanGuard from my last gig.
In closing I doubt many people even see this post as GFI seems to have hidden this forum. I had to use Google to find it.
1 disgusted customer.