Content Filtering over rides Whitelist

Labone01

• Total Posts : 38
Content Filtering over rides Whitelist Wednesday, March 01, 2017 9:53 AM (permalink)
Hi,
We are just trying the keyword filtering, but this doesn't seem to take into account the whitelist, as a lot of legit emails are getting quarantined. is there a way to get it to take into account the whitelist first?

Thanks,

Mick.

ALoubertN

• Total Posts : 6
    Re:Content Filtering over rides Whitelist Tuesday, March 07, 2017 10:23 AM (permalink)
    Hi,

Same issue here...
    Actually, it doesn't seem to only concern content filtering, but ANY filter !

The whitelist filter is my first filter (in the filter priority list), precisely in order to let any mail defined in whitelist go through ME without being caught, but regularly, mail is trapped by some filters down in the filter priority list...

Example yesterday:
    A mail coming from the randstad.fr domain has been put in quarantine.

Here's (joined) my priority list and the whitelist stating the whole randstad.fr domain is defined in the whitelist.

Though, here's the log entry from the header checking filter, stating the mail was caught because the number of numbers in the emitting email is too high:
    "03/06/17 16:48:50","Header Checking","cernay.001jz@randstad.fr","xxxxxx@husson.eu","URGENT: Relevé d'heures Mr ALTER","Quarantined","Number of numbers in MIME From exceeds maximum threshold","<20170306154848.F314111FBC5@SMTP-MSG-S203.RANDSTAD.FR>"

Indeed, the rule from the header checking for numbers contained in email is right. But as randstad.fr is in whitelist, and the whitelist is higher in priority than header checking, this mail should NOT have be caught...

So, there must be something wrong in the way the whitelist is applied...

If someone from the support could have a look ?
    Attached Image(s)

jamiekaler

• Total Posts : 2
      Re:Content Filtering over rides Whitelist Friday, April 14, 2017 1:34 PM (permalink)
      Thanks for the solutions. I was having similar requirement but was unable to find any appropriate answer

AllenD

• Total Posts : 195
        Re:Content Filtering over rides Whitelist Thursday, May 04, 2017 9:29 PM (permalink)
        Content filtering is done before the Anti Spam modules.  If you need to use Keyword Checking with a whitelist option please use the Spam Keyword Checking filter found under Anti Spam > Anti Spam Filters instead of the Content Filter's version.
        Allen D.
        GFI Software
        Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages