ANTIVIRUS UPDATES OVERNIGHT

Danm

• Total Posts : 128
ANTIVIRUS UPDATES OVERNIGHT Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:18 AM (permalink)
Did anyone else experience Vipre, bitdefender, basically all the GFI updates failing to download or downloading, but failing to install very early this morning?   It caused our mail flow to stop.  Which has never happened before!   We were getting Failed [VSE] in the GFI log.  I had about 100 failed emails to contend with.  I followed the procedure to manually download Vipre and then mail started flowing again.  Subsequent downloads have been successfully SO FAR.   
GFI:  WHY IS THIS HAPPENING SO FREQUENTLY?  I WANT A GFI REPRESENTATIVE TO RESPOND TO THIS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE GROUP!  The cost of this product has gone up significantly over the past 3 years.  (We've been a GFI customer since 1998!)  Its gotten to the point that we are all getting Hyundai service at a Cadillac price!   We are owed an explanation.

Thank you!
<message edited by Danm on Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:24 PM>

Danm

• Total Posts : 128
    Re:ANTIVIRUS UPDATES OVERNIGHT Friday, February 16, 2018 9:14 AM (permalink)
    Vipre updates failed again overnight.  The manual update resolved it again this morning.  There's definitely something up with the updates being pulled down after midnight.

wstahn

• Total Posts : 182
      Re:ANTIVIRUS UPDATES OVERNIGHT Friday, February 16, 2018 11:27 AM (permalink)
      Same problem here with VIPRE updates, leading to persisting VSE errors and lots of mails in the FailedMails folder. Restarting the AV scan engine service temporarily solves the problem. Although, all the mails from the FailedMails folder need to be moved into the  Exchange TransportRoles\Pickup folder to be re-processed. (rename .txt to .eml before moving and delete all *.prop files). Hopefully this gets fixed soon...
      Wolfgang

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages