Update for GFI EventManger coming soon???

matthewkilman

• Total Posts : 4
Update for GFI EventManger coming soon??? Monday, May 02, 2016 9:42 PM (permalink)
Our organization currently uses the EventsManager product and it works mostly great.  The interface is very (very, very very) slow and hard to work with as a result.  We currently have this set up as a running Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Virtual Machine.  I tried giving this VM 64 CPUs, way too much RAM and nothing helps the performance.  The VM is also running off of a 48 TB EqualLogic SAN whose peak Disk IO for all machines combined during peak hours still doesn't reach 50% of the maximum Disk IO the SAN can handle.

Everything ran fine during the first month of evaluation but almost as soon as we purchased the product, this severe limitation was revealed.

I'm seriously considering to recommend an alternate solution for no other reason then the horrid responsiveness for the entire system.  Comparing the performance to the GFI Archive product we also have installed, the difference in speed is astonishing. 

Please let me know if an updated version is coming soon, because this is a painful experience any time I need to review the events.  I hoping with the upcoming release of Windows Server 2016, something is planned.

yorkmak

• Total Posts : 19
    Re:Update for GFI EventManger coming soon??? Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:51 AM (permalink)
    1. Can you tell us how many event sources are you capturing?
    2. Which option are you choosing? Archive all events or With Noise Reduction?

matthewkilman

• Total Posts : 4
      Re:Update for GFI EventManger coming soon??? Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:05 PM (permalink)
      16 Servers on the local network, all set to scan every 15 minutes.  I have it configured to "Process the logs with the rules selected" and choosing only specific rule sets depending on the server being monitored.

I also configured the database to rotate weekly, holding a maximum of 56 databases and databases are deleted as needed.  These options I recently configured because I assumed they were affecting the Events Browsing experience and that has shown some improvements.

stephen.white@GFI.com

• Total Posts : 20
        Re:Update for GFI EventManger coming soon??? Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:29 PM (permalink)
        matthewlikman,
        Please open a case with GFI Support.  There multiple causes for what you are experiencing and that would be the fastest way to resolution.
        Stephen White
        GFI Software 
        Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages