Scan/Remediate Mobile Devices - Best Practice?

nturner

• Total Posts : 3
Scan/Remediate Mobile Devices - Best Practice? Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:06 PM (permalink)
I am having trouble getting all our remote devices scanned/remediated.  These are laptops and tablets that are used by home health or other "home" users that connect to our VPN for a short period of time.  What is the best way to get these devices updated in a timely manner using the Languard agent?  For example, the agent is installed and the scan should start at 3pm.  However, if the device is not connected to the VPN at that time should the remediation begin when the device is connected?  I'm finding these devices are not getting updates so I don't believe it works this way.  Of course the obvious answer is to tell the users to connect every night so the updates occur but you can only imagine how well that works. 

What are other Languard customers doing to ensure mobile devices are updated? 

acrabtree

• Total Posts : 7
    Re:Scan/Remediate Mobile Devices - Best Practice? Sunday, July 02, 2017 6:43 PM (permalink)
    I am having the same issue...  Could not find a good explanation of how the patching process works for Laptops as they are not always online.  Any help or response would be appreciated.

Chogan

• Total Posts : 31
      Re:Scan/Remediate Mobile Devices - Best Practice? Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:52 PM (permalink)
      In theory, if the device was offline at the time the scan was scheduled for, the agent scan should start the next time the remote device connects.  It would have to stay online long enough for the scan and auto-remediation to complete.  Remember, the remediation results will not update in LanGuard until the device is scanned again, after the remediation.

In reality it ends up with a monthly process of seeing who is missing updates and having them bring in their laptops so I can scan/remediate/scan them manually.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message