RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 15 of 21
ALoubertN

• Total Posts : 5
RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 16, 2017 10:08 AM (permalink)
Quite everything's in the subject...

Last Thursday, I upgraded ME from 20.1 to 20.2.
Everything seems to be OK, except the following: ME is generating rpt files in the antispam MiddleQueue folder, but since the upgrade, some (not all) of those files stay in the folder (it should be empty). Mail corresponding to those rpt files are correctly delivered (or caught by spam filters). The reports based on SQL records also seem to be correct.
The only "issue" consists in those files staying in the folder.

I'm also getting 4211 warning events from the gfimesqashost service in the Windows Application log for each mail generating a rpt file:

Plugin AntispamQASC reports exception.
ERROR.Coordinator.PluginProcessingFailed.
Additional info: Item with message-id[<01d26fc6$Blat.v3.2.16$294de62f$4b241529@smtp.loubert-a.local>] will be stored in the Recovery queue

This is new in v20.2 (didn't had it in 20.1, but already saw that in older (2014 ?) releases), so it might be a bug ?

Can you investigate ?

CeeTee

• Total Posts : 19
    Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 16, 2017 10:04 PM (permalink)
    Check that the 20.2 installation didn't lose your administrator email address - General Setting->Settings
    This happened to me, and reports, alerts, etc, were getting sidelined because there were either missing or invalid email addresses.

ALoubertN

Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:00 PM (permalink)
      I just verified the admin email: it's still correctly defined...

SwissMiss

• Total Posts : 31
        Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:40 PM (permalink)
        Please let us know once it is resolve.  Maybe it will also help us avoid issues upon our upgrade.  I haven't upgraded yet.  Thanks for sharing.

bort

• Total Posts : 3
          Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:56 PM (permalink)
          Look at MailEssentials\ActionServices\debuglogs\AntispamQASC.log
          Seems GFI added a bug to the globalaction module, it concerns mail enabled public folders.

2017-01-18,01:49:21,903,1,"#00001B8C","#0000001C","info   ","AntispamQASC","ProcessMessage: Plugin[ContentSecurity.ML.QAS.Plugins.MoveToInboxPlugin] Id[512] is going to process the message..."
          2017-01-18,01:49:21,919,1,"#00001B8C","#0000001C","error  ","AntispamQASC","ERROR: Process failed for plugin[ContentSecurity.ML.QAS.Plugins.MoveToInboxPlugin]"
          2017-01-18,01:49:21,919,1,"#00001B8C","#0000001C","error  ","AntispamQASC","ERROR: ProcessMessage: Item with message-id[<>] will be stored in the Recovery queue"

shudson

• Total Posts : 78
            Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:55 AM (permalink)
            Hi,
            Same issue here (as described by ALouberN). Everything working OK though, just lots of files in the Antispam\MiddleQueue folder and the odd '4211 gfimesqashost service' Event Log error.
            Regards Stephen

ALoubertN

Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 23, 2017 9:44 AM (permalink)
              The issue seems indeed to come from the GFI MailEssentials Quarantine Actions service.

Because once there are .rpt files in the directory, if I simply restart that service, all the files immediately disappear !
              Of course, as soon as new mail come in, new .rpt files are generated again, so this clue can't really be a solution...

But as least, there's a clean way to reset the situation.

GFI, please investigate and correct your bugs !

cpenco

Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 23, 2017 5:31 PM (permalink)
                Hi,
                I'm experiencing the same issue after upgrading to 20.2
                Just today noticed lots of (around 12.000 rdt files with 0 size).  Message queues show the same numbers of items.
                Restarting anything didnt work for me. Trying to reach support, but as of some time i can only contact my local reseler instead of GFI directly. (Nice done GFI, right way for losing customers!)
                Also noticed that the daily spam digest report sent by e-mail  is showing only zero(0) in the number of processed items.
                Getting same errors in Applicatin log:
                Plugin AntispamQASC reports exception.
                ERROR.Coordinator.PluginProcessingFailed.

Cristian

AllenD

• Total Posts : 194
                  Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 23, 2017 5:58 PM (permalink)
                  There is a patch available that is resolving many of these issues.  At the moment it's not available to be downloaded publically. I do not have an ETA at this time when it will be added to the Product Updates page. Opening a case with support will allow them to send you the patch.  Creating a case with the support team is the best way to report these issues and get them looked into.
                  Allen D.
                  GFI Software
                  Blog - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook

SwissMiss

• Total Posts : 31
                    Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 23, 2017 11:43 PM (permalink)
                    Thanks!  Please update this post if an update is out so I know when it is safe to upgrade.

Thanks!

flyok

• Total Posts : 75
                      Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 30, 2017 11:53 AM (permalink)
                      I have the same experience after upgrade 20.1->20.2

cpenco

Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Monday, January 30, 2017 2:35 PM (permalink)
                        We are facing the same situation after the upgrade to the latest version (20.2).
                        I'm still "working" with support on resolving this issue, going painfully slow and still have this unresolved.
                        Your best bet is to contact support and hope for a solution... or roll back to 20.1..

CeeTee

• Total Posts : 19
                          Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:57 AM (permalink)
                          FWIW, the patch fixed it for my 20.2 installation.

bort

Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:13 PM (permalink)
                            Patch is a joke. Did nothing. Additionaly autowhitelist is no more working after patching.

shudson

• Total Posts : 78
                              Re:RPT files stuck in the MiddleQueue antispam folder after 20.1 => 20.2 upgrade Thursday, February 02, 2017 4:30 PM (permalink)
                              Just to let you know, the patch and instructions worked for me. The AntiSpam MiddleQueue folder remains empty.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 15 of 21

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread